Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Morrow Leaves Start (6/11)

oblique injury?

Updating an earlier item, Brandon Morrow has been diagnosed with a strained left oblique.
    The injury is to his left side and not his right as originally reported, but this confirms the fear that he tweaked his oblique. The Blue Jays are calling him day-to-day for now, but this isn't a day-to-day injury. He'll be re-evaluated further and almost surely will require a trip to the disabled list.
    Source: Shi Davidi on Twitter Jun 11 - 8:10 PM

Comment

and now Morrow to the DL indefinitely with the oblique strain

AL East getting killed with injuries

Comment

Does anyone know the latest on a return date for Morrow? I have a chance to trade for him in our non keeper league and would give up D Lowe and C Crisp to get him.

When Morrow went on the DL, I thought I saw he would be out about 30 days, but I have not seen any updates since. He has been out 2 weeks already, so if he does come back in 2 weeks, I will do the deal. But I wanted to know if there was an updated timeline on his return.

Comment

Even if he is out until after the break, I do that deal

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Even if he is out until after the break, I do that deal
            Agreed. And fast, unless this is a very, very deep league and the loss of Crisp's 10-20 SBs for the rest of the year costs a lot of points.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
              Does anyone know the latest on a return date for Morrow?
              Nothing concrete, but just came across the CBS wire...

Brandon Morrow, SP, TOR
              News: Blue Jays starting pitcher Brandon Morrow (oblique) posted on his Twitter account Monday that he played catch and felt "very good." He also posted that he has "no timetable for return but everything is positive so far."
              Analysis: Morrow is dealing with an oblique strain, which is an injury that usually sidelines players for several weeks. The good news is that he is making positive progress and could have an outside shot to make it back before the All-Star break. However, the Blue Jays probably won't rush him back at the rate they are losing starting pitchers. We will continue to keep you posted about Morrow's status, but keep him reserved in all Fantasy formats. He is a high-end Fantasy option when active.
              Better than bad news at least.

Comment

Working...
              X