Floundering team- Make this deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floundering team- Make this deal?

16 team 5x5 standard categories. Top 5 get money. Non-keeper. I sit in 9th place with 32 offensive points and 49 pitching points. I am 38 points out of first. Luebke Ellsbury have hurt me. Here is my roster

C Montero
    1B Goldschmidt
    2B Kinsler
    SS E Cabrera
    3B Frazier
    CI Butler
    MI Phillips
    OF Heyward Swisher Kubel Viciedo
    UT Campana
    Bench Belt Stewart Presley Hererra

P Hamels Cueto Leake Harrison Bailey Cobb McCarthy Sauners
    Bench League Camp Noesi

I just traded Casilla and Francouer to get Heyward and Saunders. I have the following offers out to me

Beachy for either Swisher Goldschmidt or Heyward.

I have a lot of offensive points to gain so i am inclined to stay put for a bit but Beachy will help me rise in K's and on value alone seems more than fair for Swish or goldy.

thoughts?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Given your situation, I'd pass. Your options at 1B are awful, so you can't deal Goldschmidt. Swisher's like a machine in terms of production. Heyward is improved over last year and stealing a lot of bases, so he's pretty valuable to your team
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

thanks Chance. Ive also been offer Addy Reed and Cespedes for Heyward. Its tempting although Cespedes seems brittle.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        thanks Chance. Ive also been offer Addy Reed and Cespedes for Heyward. Its tempting although Cespedes seems brittle.
        On the surface, I'd be inclined to take that deal. No argument about Cespedes, but it's not like Heyward has a track record of being injury-free for long periods, either. I'd look at the SB standings, though. Heyward, IMO, will steal 10-15 more than Cespedes by year end. How many points do you think that'll be worth? If it's only 1-3, I'd do the deal. Reed's a beast - heck, he should have been closer from the start - and he might net you the same number of points in saves.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X