I am trying to decide who to keep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying to decide who to keep

I am trying to decide who to keep in a 5x5, 15 team league which uses both leagues. I have V.Guerrero at 8 (dh only), C. Hamels at 16, and R. Furcal at 2. and am trying to decide on two of them. I am torn.

Any opinions?

I would keep Furcal and Hamels.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
      I am trying to decide who to keep in a 5x5, 15 team league which uses both leagues. I have V.Guerrero at 8 (dh only), C. Hamels at 16, and R. Furcal at 2. and am trying to decide on two of them. I am torn.

Any opinions?
      Who are the rest of your keepers?
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yup, Furcal and Hamels...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

The rest of my keepers are:

Hanson 8
          Heyward 10
          C.Lewis 5
          Weeks 10
          P.Alvarez 5
          J. Upton 17

Comment

Yep toss Vladdy back.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Both Vlad and Furcal on a normal year would make about the same profit over their cost. Furcal is too brittle to keep over Vlad. I do like him at the price, just not as much as all of the others. Your keeps are cheap. If there are several of the stud SS back in the auction it would make my decision even easier. Got to spend money someplace.

Comment

I agree with Gregg on Furcal being a risky play. Furcal is a big injury risk, and I can see why you'd toss him back. But before his resurgence last year, I thought Vlad was in steep decline, so he seems like a pretty big risk too. When deciding between two risky players, I generally go with the cheaper one, which is Furcal in this case.

Comment

I agree with keeping Hamels and Furcal. I think Vlad will make a profit, but the scarcity at SS makes me say go with Furcal.

Comment

Working...
                  X