Big Matt Adams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Matt Adams

Is Matt Adams a guy you would be looking to hold long-term? Or is he a guy you would flip without a second thought for some useful pieces this year? Seems like the NL has Votto and not much else at 1B, and this is an NL only league. Appreciate any thoughts.

I really like Adams long term. I watch most of his home games (AA) last season and his consistency impressed me. Much like a young Todd Helton he never seemed to slump. Even versus the good pitchers on nights he'd go 0-4 he seemed to hammer a couple balls just foul or right at someone. For a big guy he's pretty nimble at 1B too. His immediate problem is sans injury or Craig moving to 2B he'll have trouble getting AB, especially if Berkman returns.

Comment

Originally posted by dannahann View Post
      I really like Adams long term. I watch most of his home games (AA) last season and his consistency impressed me. Much like a young Todd Helton he never seemed to slump. Even versus the good pitchers on nights he'd go 0-4 he seemed to hammer a couple balls just foul or right at someone. For a big guy he's pretty nimble at 1B too. His immediate problem is sans injury or Craig moving to 2B he'll have trouble getting AB, especially if Berkman returns.
      If Berkman returns... is that a problem for 2012 or 2013?

Comment

Was only referring to 2012. I have to think STL has an everyday role for Matt after this season, regardless.

Comment

Working...
        X