Trade Ettiquete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Ettiquete

When I propose a deal I kind of expect the guy to get back to me pronto, either to say yes, no or I need to think. Especially if there;s been chatter leading up to the counter offer.

It's been a real pet peeve of mine going way back.

If you get an offer, take the 10 seconds it requires to say something--anything.

Damn.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

You're right, but sometimes people are slow in taking the time to evaluate the trade. It's nice when they at least acknowledge that they received the offer and are considering it (or a possible counter).

It's especially frustrating whenever you have taken the time to study their needs as well as your own, and come up with an offer designed to help both teams, and you don't even get a response. I've gotten to where I don't even bother making offers to some guys, just because I don't want to waste the time studying their roster for no good reason. (Or worse, alert them to their weakness and then have them go somewhere else to get what they need.)

Comment

I don't see it as grumpy--I just expect, yes expect people to be considerate and when they're not.

I call them out.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm with ya. It's a big pet peeve of mine and I'll politely let someone know by sending a subtle hint. It does change how I go about trading with someone. I spent a lot of time recently trying to do whatever I could to make a trade with an owner playing for next year and got screwed. Wasted a bunch of time trying to get him what he want's as I put other trade posibilities on hold waiting for him, only to see him do a terrible August type dump trade with another owner.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
          I'm with ya. It's a big pet peeve of mine and I'll politely let someone know by sending a subtle hint. It does change how I go about trading with someone. I spent a lot of time recently trying to do whatever I could to make a trade with an owner playing for next year and got screwed. Wasted a bunch of time trying to get him what he want's as I put other trade posibilities on hold waiting for him, only to see him do a terrible August type dump trade with another owner.
          I have no problem at all if an owner chooses another, even lesser offer. I just expect communication. In this day and age, it's easy to be polite. In my last league (Boxscore) there were 2-3 owners who just suxcked ass at communicating when it came to trades. One of the reasons I no longer participate in that league (even though i helped found it)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
          X