Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still think Starlin Castro can't be traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still think Starlin Castro can't be traded?

From Rotoworld:

Cubs manager Dale Sveum indicated Monday that he's considering benching Starlin Castro if the shortstop can't improve his focus.
    Castro forgot how many outs there were in Monday's game on a potential double-play ball, letting the Giants score the tying run at the time. It's one of many mental mistakes that the young shortstop has made over the last year and a half. "It’s not acceptable," Sveum said. "These things got to stop happening or we’re just going to stop playing." We can't imagine that a potential benching would last more than a couple days, but Castro probably needs a wake-up call at this point. To his credit, he was apologetic to teammates after the game and called the situation "embarrassing

I'm guessing an email like this was just sent out.

To: [email protected]
    CC: [email protected]

Dear Jed Hoyer,

I'd like to introduce you to Pastornicky, Delgado, Teheran and Jurrjens. I was wondering if you'd like to bring a couple of them over for that unfocused shortstop guy you have over there?

Thanks,
    Frank Wren

Comment

Castro with a monster baserunning blunder in the game tonight. Fortunately for him, the Brewer hitting sucks so badly right now that it didn't cost them the game.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        I'm guessing an email like this was just sent out.

To: [email protected]
        CC: [email protected]

Dear Jed Hoyer,

I'd like to introduce you to Pastornicky, Delgado, Teheran and Jurrjens. I was wondering if you'd like to bring a couple of them over for that unfocused shortstop guy you have over there?

Thanks,
        Frank Wren
        Call me crazy, but I don't think that would get it done. Pastornicky and Delgado (while both admittedly maybe not ready) haven't impressed at all. Jurjjens value is shot and even Teheran's star has dimmed a little bit. For a deal like that to happen, the Cubs braintrust will really have to buy into the upside and be convinced the Braves have mismanaged their pieces.

Comment

Working...
        X