No announcement yet.

This trade just happened.....thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This trade just happened.....thoughts?

AL only 12 team 5x5 w/obp

This trade just happened

Team in 4th trades Austin Jackson $10 2013, Jeff Francouer $5 2012(can extend 1 yr), Jim Johnson $1 2013 and Mike Aviles $5 2013 to team in 9th for Miguel Cabrera $47 2014, Asdrubal Cabrera $14 2102, Jose Bautista $7 2012 and Ricky Romero $30 2014.

I had made an offer of Reimold $10 2013, Hosmer $10 2013, Y.Escobar $11 2013, Machado (minors), Noesi $1 2014 and J. Gomez $2 2014 for Bautista, A.Cabrera and Buccholz $16 2012 or Arrieta $5 2012

I like your offer a lot better, but you were probably sabotaged by Hosmer sucking canal water the first 6-8 weeks. Noesi and J. Gomez are low priced but have bad ERA's, K rates, and BB:K ratios, all of which probably hurt you.

It's an awful dump trade - Austin Jackson's a great value at 10, Johnson probably will remain a strong value at 1 (but with closers....), but the other two are awful. It's likely Francouer gets traded.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I like your offer a lot better, but you were probably sabotaged by Hosmer sucking canal water the first 6-8 weeks. Noesi and J. Gomez are low priced but have bad ERA's, K rates, and BB:K ratios, all of which probably hurt you.

It's an awful dump trade - Austin Jackson's a great value at 10, Johnson probably will remain a strong value at 1 (but with closers....), but the other two are awful. It's likely Francouer gets traded.
      I thought he probably could have done the deal with me and still got Johnson and Jackson for M.Cabrera and Romero. He would have made out a whole lot better builiding for next year then what he got.

Comment

Sometimes (not always), the owners who always seem to be rebuilding every year are doomed to do so precisely because they can't value players properly.

Comment

Working...
        X