Clear All

• Profar/Sano and some All-Stars

Granderson
    Ellsbury
    Longoria
    Moustakas
    Sano
    Profar

Some names - some injuries - some prospects.

10-team, 23-man (no reserve), by the book 4x4 AL-only league, $260.

My team is floundering, and was offered Granderson (can be kept next year at $23), Longoria (can be kept next year for $25), and Sano for Ellsbury (expiring contract), Moustakas ($5 - can be long-termed for $5/yr), and Profar.

The offer is interesting, but I don't have the horses to play for big bucks this year. I'm thinking of not doing the deal because of 1) Moustakas' salary at a premium position, 2) $48 in keeper (if I keep both) vs. the Moustakas salary, 3) doubt about Longoria's health (I know I'd keep Ellsbury and the questions that surround that, but I may still have time to peddle him before the trade deadline), 4) Profar vs. Sano. I'm leaning towards Profar's upside in the middle infield.

My biggest argument against the trade would be points 1 and 2. Any input would be appreciated.
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Very odd trade - is the other guy going for it or dumping? I like Profar better than Sano and while Granderson and Longoria are great players, they won't offer a ton of profit. If you think the extra firepower will bump you into a money spot then I guess it's worth the loss of Moustakas, but I think you'd be better off either dumping yourself or spinning Profar for some help now.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      Very odd trade - is the other guy going for it or dumping? I like Profar better than Sano and while Granderson and Longoria are great players, they won't offer a ton of profit. If you think the extra firepower will bump you into a money spot then I guess it's worth the loss of Moustakas, but I think you'd be better off either dumping yourself or spinning Profar for some help now.
      (not saying do or do not do the trade but) In a 10 team'er, those are good prices for star players (grandie and eva)

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        The other guy is dumping. Obviously the trade will help my team - I could probably get into a money spot (I'm only 6 points out of a money spot right now), but not compete for the big jelly beans.

I agree with the "odd trade" assessment, as well as the lack of profit in those two players. We don't tend to have much inflation in our league.
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

whether your league recognizes inflation or not, i'd be surprised if you realized more profit from moustakas after signing than for longo/grandy at those prices. also - it might afford you the opportunity to reevaluate your goals later in the season. ie, you would still have two very solid chips to bargain with that might net you more than moustakas later in the season, should you choose to go in that direction. in the meantime, you reap the benefits.

i'd do it, but that opinion is independent of a preference between profar and sano. that might be a deciding factor for you.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

It's a strange deal. I don't think I would do it. You get 2 guys at nice prices, but nothing great. You also get a very good prospect who is really far away. In exchange you part with a top-20 player, a solid gold keeper and an even better prospect. If you want to try to make a run this year, this helps you, but you could do better just by dealing Profar away.

Comment

Well, he modified his trade proposal today - with no feedback from me (I love it when owners negiotiate against themselves).

Now he is proposing sending me Longoria and Granderson for essentially Moustakas (throw in Cooper (linked to Snider). No minor league players involved.

Run to the accept button!

Comment

Deal = done; didn't trade Profar nor Ellsbury. Nothing's given in this game, but my team should be significantly upgraded (Longoria and Granderson over Moustakas and Cooper/Snider), and I have more trading chips if I become a seller at the trade deadline.

Thanks for the input - it's always nice to get unbiased feedback.

Comment

Working...
                X