X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made a ToutWars trade....

current standings http://onroto.com/baseball/webnew/di...ssion_id=guest

Traded CJ Wilson & Michael Brantley for Adam Dunn & Alex Cobb

You didn't ask for opinions, but I don't really like this one.

Comment

I'm not going to make much of a dent in RBI, but with Dunn & a recovering Pujols, I should be able to make quite the push in HRs & Rs. In a vacuum, I don't do the deal but where each team sits, it made it easier to work out

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        I'm not going to make much of a dent in RBI, but with Dunn & a recovering Pujols, I should be able to make quite the push in HRs & Rs. In a vacuum, I don't do the deal but where each team sits, it made it easier to work out
        Mine was a reaction looking only at what I think their values. I hadn't looked at the standings. Context is everything.

Comment

Agreed but 17KOs from your position in 4th down to 9th. Very small gap between 11th and 6th as well in the ever unpredictable W column as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
            Agreed but 17KOs from your position in 4th down to 9th. Very small gap between 11th and 6th as well in the ever unpredictable W column as well.
            We are allowed to use 10 pitchers instead of a 5th OF and that's what I've been doing for most of the season already. I have Bailey coming back that I can use for K's there eventually and somehow, Colby Lewis has as many K's for me as Wilson does.

Every year in Tout, I'm always able to put together good to great pitching staffs despite spending varying amounts of money on it but my hitting is always trailing

Comment

We are allowed to use 10 pitchers instead of a 5th OF and that's what I've been doing for most of the season already. I have Bailey coming back that I can use for K's there eventually and somehow, Colby Lewis has as many K's for me as Wilson does.

Every year in Tout, I'm always able to put together good to great pitching staffs despite spending varying amounts of money on it but my hitting is always trailing
              Tit for tat but Bailey then puts your impressive ERA and WHIP at some risk to maintain the Ks (lets face it, Bailey appears improved but his ratios history is weak and he certainly is no Wilson).

Who knows how it will play out. I do see potential gains in HR and R which is your goal but there is some risk on the pitching side to lose some points that you otherwise gain on the hitting side.

Comment

Schechter...
                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                X