Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nathan for Pettitte/Profar (AL-only keeper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan for Pettitte/Profar (AL-only keeper)

Figured I might as well start fresh to avoid confusion in the other thread.

10-team 5x5 AL-only keeper league

I've been offered Andy Pettitte ($1/2014) and Jurickson Profar ($5/3 years once he gets called up) for Joe Nathan (unkeepable).

I'm currently in 1st overall and 1st in saves due to Nathan, Jim Johnson, and my new toy Frieri. I also won the waiver claim on Stephen Pryor so he could even get into the mix eventually. My starting pitching is a bit thin (Ubaldo, D. Lowe, and Porcello) after my studs (Verlander, Shields, and Hammel) so Pettitte would be a welcome addition. Does it make sense to do a pseudo-dump deal while in 1st place if I'm strong enough in the category I'm trading away? I figure if nothing else Profar will be great trade bait if I need to make another move closer to the deadline.

Thoughts? TIA

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    I figure if nothing else Profar will be great trade bait if I need to make another move closer to the deadline.

Thoughts? TIA
    Profar may bring you more than that back alone closer to the deadline. Don't know your league though...but sure sounds like a good deal for you.

Comment

I'd jump all over that... I don't think Frieri loses that gig unless he goes all Shawn Chacon on Scioscia
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Thanks guys.

Regarding the value of minor leaguers in this league, Dylan Bundy was traded straight up for Jose Valverde a couple weeks ago so I'm guessing I could get someone like Beltre or CC for him if need be.

Comment

Any other thoughts? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger today but could use a little more input.

Comment

I love this deal for you. Nathan is always a risk. Profar is gold. Pettitte will help.

Comment

Working...
            X