I was turned down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was turned down

I offered Mark Teixeria, Ferndo Rodney and Ricky Romero to a team with a good shot at first, which has a strong offense but lacking in pitching.

The return was j.kipnis, $8 next season, $13 the following year...and a long distance shot with castellanos of detroit.

Was the offer not enough or too much?

I'd personally want more for Kipnis and Castellanos. I think Nick in his own right might be a top-20 prospect next year and Kipnis has been stellar. Those are 3 good players but I'd likely want 3 great players in return. Tex of 5 years ago would fall into that category but not the 2012 version and Rodney's situation will remain unsettled until Kyle comes back and even then midnight will strike at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
      I'd personally want more for Kipnis and Castellanos. I think Nick in his own right might be a top-20 prospect next year and Kipnis has been stellar. Those are 3 good players but I'd likely want 3 great players in return. Tex of 5 years ago would fall into that category but not the 2012 version and Rodney's situation will remain unsettled until Kyle comes back and even then midnight will strike at some point.
      Interesting you feel Teixeria is not a great player. How many other hitters in mlb are on 8 years in a row with 30 homers and 100 rbi? The difference between a .300 ave and a .260 ave is just a few hits over the course of a 26 week season.

Different question: Does the fact there are four months left in the season have no bearing on the totality of any trade? 4 months is 2/3 of a season, which is a whole lot of season...

Comment

For kipnis and castellanos

Owner took a package from another team. I think the two offers had similar offensive players but my offered pitchers are superior. Oh well, on to the other contenders...
        Last edited by wannabegriffey; 06-17-2012, 08:48 PM.

Comment

If I was a contender and had $8-13 Kipnis and needed starting pitching, I'm looking for a Verlander, Weaver type pitcher in a deal back to me. I don't know if Kipnis is playing above his head or not, but he is a fantasy monster this year and it would be hard for me to trade him even if I'm a conteder.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post

Owner took a package from another team. I think the two offers had similar offensive players but my offered pitchers are superior. Oh well, on to the other contenders...
            Without knowing the accepted offer, all we can do is make comments like this.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post

Why not show both offers then we can decide?

Comment

Working...
              X