Trade offer I received...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade offer I received...

Motte and choo for CarGo. And the other owner really seriously thought it was fair.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Motte and choo for CarGo. And the other owner really seriously thought it was fair.
    I have no problem with it...Motte is a top flight closer, and Choo is a career.289 hitter with 20/20 potential. Neither guy is Cargo, but together, it's not a bad deal.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Wrong thread Mith

Seriously though, that's not a terrible offer, especially if you were in need of a closer.

Comment

I agree with you -- these other guys are too lenient here. That's a BS offer.

Comment

Need context. Keeper or redraft? If keeper, what are the salaries and contract statuses?
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Maybe the other owner is saying he wants CarGo and he is hoping you will counter.

Perhaps it's a starting point of talks, maybe there are a couple players on his team you would give up CarGo for.

Comment

I wouldnt make the deal but i dont think the offer is bad enough to post about it. Decline or counter and move on.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I wouldnt make the deal but i dont think the offer is bad enough to post about it. Decline or counter and move on.
                Yeah, I'd decline, but certainly wouldn't be upset about the offer. I'm pretty sure Mith plays in a shallowish mixed league, so Motte's value is more limited.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Yeah, I'd decline, but certainly wouldn't be upset about the offer. I'm pretty sure Mith plays in a shallowish mixed league, so Motte's value is more limited.
                  12 team mixed. You guys are nuts. That is a crappy offer. The differences in opinions always astound me in fantasy baseball. You guys do realize i meant Carlos Gonzalez?

Keeper league. CarGo gets thrown back. Choo is in the $20's and i think Motte would be a $6 keeper next year.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

12 team mixed. You guys are nuts. That is a crappy offer. The differences in opinions always astound me in fantasy baseball. You guys do realize i meant Carlos Gonzalez?

Keeper league. CarGo gets thrown back. Choo is in the $20's and i think Motte would be a $6 keeper next year.
                    Again, not a crappy offer at all, especially since you'd be receiving 2 players who are potential keepers. Motte would almost certainly be a keeper at 6 bucks. You're looking at this through the lens of someone who's on a Cargo high, with his HR binge and him being red hot. I'd be willing to bet you'd look at the offer much differently if he was in a 3 for 30 slump and dragging your stats down for the week.

BTW, what place are you in anyway? That also is a huge factor in my evaluation of a deal.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Again, not a crappy offer at all, especially since you'd be receiving 2 players who are potential keepers. Motte would almost certainly be a keeper at 6 bucks. You're looking at this through the lens of someone who's on a Cargo high, with his HR binge and him being red hot. I'd be willing to bet you'd look at the offer much differently if he was in a 3 for 30 slump and dragging your stats down for the week.

BTW, what place are you in anyway? That also is a huge factor in my evaluation of a deal.
                      The fact that CarGo is red hot has no bearing on my opinion. You know what you get with CarGo. Choo is iffy. Closers are way too highly valued in my league and in fantasy baseball in general.

I'm in 4th right now. about 10-12 out of 1st.

While i do need saves, trading one of the best fantasy players is simply way too much even when getting a good player like Choo.

As an example of the different opinions we all have. When i asked opinions on my keepers before the season, not one person here felt i should keep Chris Perez for $10. MLB saves leader Chris Perez .
                      Last edited by Mithrandir; 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

You understand the fantasy values are liquid right? In the offseason, Pestano was highly sought after because Perez was iffy last year going into the offseason. Think the guy who kept 49-49 (or whatever it was) Valverde is happy this year?

A dead CarGo for a cheapish closer and Choo? Certainly a viable opening offer. You couldn't counter with CarGo for Motte/Choo/and another player to shore up a weakness?
                        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

The fact that CarGo is red hot has no bearing on my opinion. You know what you get with CarGo. Choo is iffy. Closers are way too highly valued in my league and in fantasy baseball in general.

I'm in 4th right now. about 10-12 out of 1st.

While i do need saves, trading one of the best fantasy players is simply way too much even when getting a good player like Choo.

As an example of the different opinions we all have. When i asked opinions on my keepers before the season, not one person here felt i should keep Chris Perez for $10. MLB saves leader Chris Perez .
                          You mean the post you made back in January when you already had a $6 Axford and $1 Madson (before he got hurt) plus a bunch of other cheap keepers? No clarification needed there :rollseyes:

It's not a great offer, but nothing to laugh at either. If you are actually looking to trade for saves you could probably counter with your 2nd best OFer and see what happens - that's how trade negotiations work.

Comment

It's not an offer that I would take if I were you, but it's not an offer that I would be insulted by. Just make a counter-offer or politely decline.
                            "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                              You understand the fantasy values are liquid right? In the offseason, Pestano was highly sought after because Perez was iffy last year going into the offseason. Think the guy who kept 49-49 (or whatever it was) Valverde is happy this year?

A dead CarGo for a cheapish closer and Choo? Certainly a viable opening offer. You couldn't counter with CarGo for Motte/Choo/and another player to shore up a weakness?
                              That's sort of my point. Right now, who in their right mind would even consider trading CarGo for those two i was offered.

As far as Perez, just goes to show that it's a crapshoot most of the time.

Maybe you guys are right as i'm really beginning to think i have no f**king idea when it comes to rating players anymore.

I think I have the best team i've had in years and i just keep losing points every night. Although i do have Weaver, Tulo and Ellsbury on the DL.

Comment

Working...
                              X