No announcement yet.

Johan Santana thru 6..... SHH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck up, Mets fans. You still don't have a perfect game in your franchise history. I think the Yanks had one of those at some point, right?

Seriously, congrats to Johan. Blown call or not, it goes down as a no-hitter. So be it. Well done.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      I was just watching Sports Center coverage of the Santana no-no, and at the end, they displayed some stats, mostly the inability of Mets pitchers to ever get a no-hitter. The most fascinating statistic, only 4 times did a no-hitter go into the 9th inning for the Mets. Three of these times it was done by Steve Carlton.

I rewound and listened to that three more times, just to be sure that's what they said.
      Probably should've rewound it four times, lol!

It was definitely Tom Seaver.

Brutal missed call. It was 8' in front of him and left a mark on the chalk (which I read)!!! Technology won't help this ump...retirement will.
      Why can't baseball do what tennis already does....have technology to determine if a ball if in or out? That umpire union must be tough (sans Richie Phillips, that is).

Comment

funniest tweet I've seen on this:

Any yankee fan who belittles last night because of ump call I have 2 words jeffrey Maier

[lol]
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

fyi

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets plan to push back Johan Santana ''a day or two'' for his next start.
          Santana is coming of an 134 pitch count in his no-hitter Friday, and manager Terry Collins doesn't want to risk fatigue issues in his next outing. This would all seem to indicate that either Chris Young or Miguel Batista could be activated from the disabled list next week. Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter Jun. 2 - 1:21 pm et
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

And in typical Met fashion:

Elvin Ramirez - S - Mets

According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, Elvin Ramirez injured his hamstring during Johan Santana's no-hitter celebration and is likely headed to the disabled list.

The severity of the injury isn't yet known. Ramirez was recently called up to replace Chris Schwinden but will apparently be placed on the DL without making an appearance. When healthy, Ramirez projects to be used in middle relief for the Mets.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Any yankee fan who belittles last night because of ump call I have 2 words jeffrey Maier

[lol]
              +1...awesome!
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

[lol]
                That guy wins the internet.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                X