• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did it!!!!

Comment

Wowee. Pretty cool.

Comment

I'm ****ing shaking right now. Wow never thought we'd get a no hitter. So happy it was Johan. Unreal.

Comment

Never thought I would see the day. ****ing awesome! Ice that shoulder, Johan!

Did everyone see the guy rush the field and get housed by security? Nicely done.

Comment

The Mets' 8,020th game, and now a no-no.

Santana got a shaving-cream pie to the face by DL'd prankster Justin Turner during the post-game on-field TV interview.

Twins fans know this so well, but this guy is so determined, it's amazing.
            Logic may say he should have come out earlier, and let's see how the season goes.
            But the game became a blowout, and he didn't look that stressed.
            100 pitches in a 1-0 game can be tougher than 130 in an 8-0 game.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              122 pitches thru 8...they want to kill the guy to get a stupid no hitter in an 8-0 game. Who cares if the mets never had one.
              Because no hitters mean more in 1-0 games? Over 8000 games played without a no hitter. You bet your ****ing ass people care. Is he going to die because he threw alot of pitches? Hopefully they play it smart and give him extra rest, but they had to give him the chance to do it. No manager is going to take a guy out there and if Collins tried there is a good chance Johan would punch him in the face.

Comment

guy in a Gary Carter jersey figured he'd join in the on-field celebration

ok, this is the Big Apple pal, they know from security, ok?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  guy in a Gary Carter jersey figured he'd join in the on-field celebration

ok, this is the Big Apple pal, they know from security, ok?

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...903296/photo/1
                  Haha yeah I caught that. I first i thought it was the security guys hugging eachother with all the excitement then i saw the dude hit the ground.

Comment

Neil Best of Newsday picked Wednesday's game to sit in the Mets channel SNY production truck all night to later explain how it works.
                    Game 8,019.
                    Not Game 8,020 tonight.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Howie Rose had a great call: http://deadspin.com/5915105/johan-sa...k-mets-history

He's a lifelong Mets fan.You can hear the genuine joy in his voice.

Comment

Awesome one-hitter by Santana...fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Awesome one-hitter by Santana...fun to watch
                          That's baseball buddy. You must be new to sports. There are good and bad calls in every game, but you can continue to be a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                            That's baseball buddy. You must be new to sports. There are good and bad calls in every game, but you can continue to be a dick.
                            Sorry, bad calls are bad calls. I've long railed against the dumbass human element in baseball because it is so easily correctable. There were TWO bad calls in this game but chalk flying up when a baseball hits it is about as easy as it gets. The HBP on Robinson was also blown, but that wasn't as impactful.

As Ken Rosenthal said

To fans complaining about the Beltran call ... agreed! No more excuses: MLB needs to implement replay on fair/foul calls once and for all.
                            oh, and PS, don't call the Super Admin a dick..it makes his ban finger itchy

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                              C'mon Mr. Personal Responsibility, I can't believe you would stand for such shoddy performance from individuals being paid $100K+ a year when the technology is there to make the right call and not soil the moment.

It took me 10 seconds to do this

Comment

All I hear is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                                X