Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nathan/Dirks for Pettitte/Morales/Sano? (AL-only keeper league)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan/Dirks for Pettitte/Morales/Sano? (AL-only keeper league)

10-team 5x5 (OBP) AL-only keeper league

Currently in 1st overall and 1st in saves thanks to Nathan, J. Johnson, and my new toy Frieri. Starting pitching is doing okay, but I lost Duffy and Lowe/Porcello/Ubaldo aren't inspiring much confidence. Would you trade:

Nathan (unkeepable)
    Dirks ($10 through 2014)

for

Pettitte ($1 through 2014 but may retire again)
    K. Morales ($15 through 2014)
    Miguel Sano ($5 for 3 years once he's activated)

Thanks!

I like the deal for you but I don't trust Pettitte, so I think you'd need to flip a bat for a starter. You can probably trade Nathan/Dirks for a starter like Scherzer.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      10-team 5x5 (OBP) AL-only keeper league

Currently in 1st overall and 1st in saves thanks to Nathan, J. Johnson, and my new toy Frieri. Starting pitching is doing okay, but I lost Duffy and Lowe/Porcello/Ubaldo aren't inspiring much confidence. Would you trade:

Nathan (unkeepable)
      Dirks ($10 through 2014)

for

Pettitte ($1 through 2014 but may retire again)
      K. Morales ($15 through 2014)
      Miguel Sano ($5 for 3 years once he's activated)

Thanks!
      No. I agree with virgonomic, you need a much better pitcher if you are giving up a solid save guy in an AL only. I would try to trade Dirks asap as he has DL written all over him.

Comment

I'd do anything to get Sano

Comment

I like it. You're getting a lot of talent for a closer. Even if Morales isn't really what you need, you can flip him or flip another hitter and replace him with Morales. I do think he'll get better. Pettitte is what he is - he'll get some wins, but his ratios won't be great. Sano is a great trade chip too, if you need to make another move. Quite frankly, Sano alone would probably fetch more than Nathan in some leagues.

Comment

I was thinking Sano alone was well worth the deal. At least in my AL only, a true stud farm hitter that you will have control over for years on the cheap, is pretty frakin huge. He will be a top 5 prospect by the start of next year. Slam dunk for you to get Morales and Petite as well.

Comment

I think Sano's great as well, but being in first place I'm not quite as interested in the future as I normally would be. With Frieri nailing down the save tonight I'm a little more confident in my closers as I was yesterday, but unfortunately I rejected the trade since I'm not quite sold on Morales.

My main questions are whether Morales will actually outgain Dirks this year and whether Pettitte will regain enough of his past magic. Plus, the team I'm trading with is in 5th in a league where the top 3 pay out so I feel like I'm in the driver's seat as far as who needs who. My team has been good enough to maintain 1st place most of the year and I'm still waiting for Carl Crawford to make his debut and Austin Jackson to come back (plus getting Jeff Niemann into my rotation). While I would like to take advantage of my save surplus, I don't feel obligated to make a deal anytime soon, which is why I'd like to make sure I get the better end of any deal.

BTW, thanks for the input, the stupid Rotoworld Forum people were useless in this case and seem to be only interested in 12-team mixed league crap advice.

Comment

As an aside, in the same league I just offered:

Moustakas ($5 through 2013)

for

Lester ($28 through 2014)
                Asdrubal Cabrera ($23 through 2014)

Would this trade help me more than the other trade, especially since I could still trade one of my closers once the Frieri/Downs situation is cleared up?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  I'd do anything to get Sano
                  How soon do you think Sano will be playing in the bigs?
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Now he's countering with

Nathan (unkeepable)

for

Pettitte ($1 through 2014)
                    Jurickson Profar ($5 through 2 years after he makes his debut)

With Frieri seemingly taking hold of the closer role, is this a trade I can make as the 1st place team? Profar is obviously a huge get in a keeper league, but he won't be contributing this year and maybe not even next year.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                      Now he's countering with

Nathan (unkeepable)

for

Pettitte ($1 through 2014)
                      Jurickson Profar ($5 through 2 years after he makes his debut)

With Frieri seemingly taking hold of the closer role, is this a trade I can make as the 1st place team? Profar is obviously a huge get in a keeper league, but he won't be contributing this year and maybe not even next year.
                      If pettitte returns next season, he is a keeper at $1 + profar = more than a single player coming back.

You need a bigger return.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                        If pettitte returns next season, he is a keeper at $1 + profar = more than a single player coming back.

You need a bigger return.
                        Sorry, should've made it clear, I'd be the one getting Pettitte and Profar.

Comment

Working...
                        X