Trade CarGo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade CarGo?

I was offered Reddick, Rizzo, and Lance Lynn for him. I love Gonzalez and not really sure that I want to trade him. I have Butler at 1B and Teixeira at CI.

It's a 12 team 5x5 mixed keeper league. This is our first year to do keepers, so everyone still has two years left on their "contracts".

23-man lineups? I really like Lynn and I assume this is a dump trade? Even with 60 starting OFs and 20ish starting 1Bs, I'm not sure Rizzo and Reddick are slam dunk starters next year. So I might rather just go in with CarGo next year and take the money in the bank.

Comment

I'm currently in 5th so it's not a dump trade, though the climb to third (last money spot) will be a tough one. It's a 22-man lineup (8 pitchers instead of 9) with 8 bench spots, and we'll have 8 or 10 keepers (forget which). The guy has a stiffy for Cargo and has been tossing all kinds of trades at me. This is probably the best one he's sent my way.

Comment

Oh man, did CarGo kill us last night.

I'd be on the side of hanging onto the best player.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

No way do i do that deal. No way. CarGo is way too good for those three.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I guess it depends on how much faith you have the Rizzo is going to come out of the gate as a stud. While I hope that is the case (Cubs fan) I am not so sure.

What can you counter with that would clearly make you happy? It never hurts to ask.

Comment

yeah, if Reddick cools off (likely) and Rizzo struggles a bit out of the gate (likely) then what those guys give you right now is barely above replacement level. Even Lynn, good as he has been, isn't massively above replacement in a league where there are only 96 pitchers starting. I agree with Gregg, if this guy has such a CarGo fetish then you should just tell him what the price will be. Maybe his 2 best players.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I guess it depends on how much faith you have the Rizzo is going to come out of the gate as a stud. While I hope that is the case (Cubs fan) I am not so sure.

What can you counter with that would clearly make you happy? It never hurts to ask.
                I've told him that if I trade Cargo, I need a bonafide stud back, basically Kemp...also told him I would add to Cargo to get Kemp. I offered Cargo and Sale or Beachy for Kemp, and he turned that down quickly. Was glad he did because I was just trying to see how much he loved Kemp (since he traded an arm and a leg to get him).

When he first approached me asking if I wanted to deal for anyone on his team, I wrote back that I was interested in Rizzo for the future, figuring he'd get a call-up at some point this year. The problem is that he LOVES Rizzo WAY too much. One of his initial offers was Reddick, Rizzo, and Fister for Cargo, Sale, and Street. I basically told him to jump off a bridge...but in a nice way, lol. Point being, what would clearly make me happy will not make him happy, so I think we're at an impasse. Just thought I'd run this offer by the experts :-).

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                yeah, if Reddick cools off (likely) and Rizzo struggles a bit out of the gate (likely) then what those guys give you right now is barely above replacement level. Even Lynn, good as he has been, isn't massively above replacement in a league where there are only 96 pitchers starting. I agree with Gregg, if this guy has such a CarGo fetish then you should just tell him what the price will be. Maybe his 2 best players.
                I like the guy, but he wants to get Cargo without having to give up anyone he'd keep next year.

Comment

No way.

Comment

I'd only look at guys in the upper half of those he's planning to keep. If he isn't parting with a couple of those players tell him he's not sporting much of a CarGo stiffy, even with a blue pill.
                    Last edited by ; 05-31-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Fly, you know the answer to this.

(Update: As of this post, six dingers this week.)
                      Last edited by ; 05-31-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        Fly, you know the answer to this.

(Update: As of this post, six dingers this week.)
                        Just wanted to make sure.

Gonna be heading south in a couple of weeks and will be in Mag at least one day, maybe two. We should grab lunch or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                          Just wanted to make sure.

Gonna be heading south in a couple of weeks and will be in Mag at least one day, maybe two. We should grab lunch or something.
                          That would be great. Call me or Alice if it looks like you will have time. It will be my treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                            That would be great. Call me or Alice if it looks like you will have time. It will be my treat.
                            Will do. My brother is getting married at the end of June. Can you imagine that, LOL? Makes me feel old.

Comment

Working...
                            X