Considering deall for Cueto in NL-only 5x5 league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering deall for Cueto in NL-only 5x5 league

Currently in 2nd place in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5 league. Looking to solidify my pitching, which has been held up by Hamels, Zimmerman and Capuano. Considering a deal whereby I trade Duda and Medlen for J. Cueto. Should be a no-brainer, but Duda's 2 bombs today have skewed by vision with illusions of a power frenzy. Not sure I can spare any power, especially with Weeks struggling.

Thoughts on the deal?

BTW, here's my squad: Cs--Flores, Snyder (just lost Lucroy); 1B/3B/CI--Votto, A. Ram, Lowrie; 2B/SS/MI--Weeks, Scutaro, Furcal; OF--Bourn, Duda, LoMo, G. Blanco, DeJesus; UT--E. Herrera; Ps--Hamels, J. Zimm, E. Jackson, Capuano, Minor (ugh!), Medlen (in minors), Gregerson, Betancourt, Kimbrel (Worley on DL, along with Lucroy, Rivera and Uribe).

I really don't think you can spare the power, but in a vacuum I like the deal. Cueto seems like he's a guy who will continue to outperform his xFIP, strange as it seems given his home park and his crappy strikeout rate. I love Duda, but he is what he is. They're pretty even in value.

How long until Worley comes back? Hamels, Zim, EJax with Worley and 3 good RPs is a pretty solid staff, and I still think Minor comes around, even if you have to mix in some MRs.

Comment

Working...
    X