Halladay out 6-8 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halladay out 6-8 weeks

Word has come down that Phillies starting pitcher Roy Halladay will be placed on the disabled list due to a Grade 1/Grade 2 latissimus (shoulder) strain and is expected to miss six to eight weeks. He will be completely shut down for three weeks.

Of course the best news out of all of this is that it appears that the rotator cuff and labrum are in tact.

More on this as it develops...
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Fortunately a guy who mimicked his exact motion since last year was available.

Charlie Morton - what could go wrong here?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The star power in baseball is taking a huge hit with injuries this season. Huge

Comment

Oswalt time!
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Oswalt about to sign with the Rangers, apparently...

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Best case scenario, Worley is back before Halladay's next turn comes up.

Otherwise, we may get Dave Bush. Oh joy.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Otherwise, we may get Dave Bush. Oh joy.
              In Philly? People will be hurt in the left field bleachers with the missiles Bush will serve up.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Doesn't this portend that the Phillies will be sellers?

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  Doesn't this portend that the Phillies will be sellers?
                  No sense in them going over the cap now with the injuries they are dealing with. I'd sell off and plan for 2013

Comment

I just read that Halladay is going to address the media this weekend after getting a second opinion from the Mets (!?) team physician David Altchek. Why is he seeing the Mets doctor? It can't be based on their reputation?

But I have to say that any time a player is going to address the media it's not good news.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      No sense in them going over the cap now with the injuries they are dealing with. I'd sell off and plan for 2013
                      I disagree here. They aren't that far back and they have so many bad contracts coming up, they might as well go for it now. They are going to suffer for a few years later. Remember, Howard's 5/$125 million extension starts next year.

Comment

"Remember, Howard's 5/$125 million extension starts next year."

oof. and they traded away Jonathan Singleton to Houston, where he looks to be an AL beast 1B starting next year or so....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

This is as good a place as any to put it, but what does everyone think about Halladay's Hall of Fame chances? Seems like a pretty clear cut case and there shouldn't be too much debate, right?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            I disagree here. They aren't that far back and they have so many bad contracts coming up, they might as well go for it now. They are going to suffer for a few years later. Remember, Howard's 5/$125 million extension starts next year.
                            No, it started this year.

What are the other bad contracts you speak of?

Comment

In any case, I don't think a decision to sell will come until around the ASB at the earliest. The division is not that good, Hamels and Lee are still pitching, and Utley might be back soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X