Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucroy injured in Hotel with Wife (Bed Related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucroy injured in Hotel with Wife (Bed Related)

Don't we all want to get injured that way. Out 4-6 weeks.

From MLB.com
    That diagnosis sounded more fearsome that it was; Lucroy said he was reaching under his hotel-room bed Sunday night for a lost sock when his wife shifted a suitcase, which fell on her husband's hand. X-rays taken Monday revealed the fracture. The Brewers recalled catcher Martin Maldonado from Triple-A Nashville, placed Lucroy on the 15-day disabled list and sent him back to Milwaukee for further examination. Lucroy, 26 on June 13, signed a five-year contract extension in Spring Training and responded by batting .345 with five home runs and 30 RBIs in his first 43 regular-season games. He was the Brewers' No. 2 run-producer behind Ryan Braun, and baseball's best hitter so far with runners in scoring position at .514 (18-for-35), including .600 (12-for-20) with runners in scoring position and two outs. He had jumped from eighth to fifth in the Brewers' batting order, even hitting fourth in two games.

These bar fight cover stories get more creative by the year.

I miss the simpler days when guys got hurt carrying venison.

Comment

Originally posted by AbPow View Post
      These bar fight cover stories get more creative by the year.

I miss the simpler days when guys got hurt carrying venison.
      I owned Barmes that year! He was having a really nice season too.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        I owned Barmes that year! He was having a really nice season too.
        Me too.

My favorite is "the Sammy Sosa I sneezed too hard and hurt my back" injury.

Comment

Glenallen Hill, glass table, nightmare about spiders, 'nuff said.

What in the world was in that suitcase? Anvils? Oh well, it is a better excuse than claiming to slip and fall when washing a truck (nope, no motorcycle stunts were involved in that injury, isn't that right Jeff Kent?).

Comment

Working...
          X