where can I improve? (12-team mixed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can I improve? (12-team mixed)

12-team mixed 5x5. I'm in first right now but all of the hitting categories and wins are really tightly packed and I'm having trouble figuring out what my strengths are or who I should be trying to trade.

salaries go up $5/year, minor leaguers don't start going up until they reach the majors. the penalty for breaking a long-term contract is trivial but you can only keep 6 players + 3 minor leaguers.

Pierzynski $6
    Montero $16
    CPena $4
    Kinsler $34
    Castro $9 (already extended to next year)
    Wright $20
    Beltre $26
    Reyes $26 (expiring)
    AGordon $11 (already extended to next year)
    Kubel $4
    Carp $5
    Stanton $13 (expiring)
    De Aza $2
    Dirks $1

Haren $22
    Price $21
    McDonald $1
    Smyly $1
    Hammel $3
    EJackson $2
    Jim Johnson $6
    Janssen $6
    Myers $3

bench/DL: Howard $3, MAdams $1, Craig $3, Cespedes $2, McCarthy $1, Frieri $4

minors: Sano $3, Turner $2, OTaveras $1, BHamilton $1

more important to improve a SP, OF, C, or something else? What can I afford to give up?

my other three keepers were Madson, Farnsworth, and Luebke, which is why you don't see any of them.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

IMO, I'd be looking at a SP upgrade. Assuming McCarthy's injury isn't serious, you're still depending on two of Smyly, Jackson, and Hammel. I don't think that'll cut it in a 12-team mixed league.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
    X