Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downs offered but would Thayer be better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downs offered but would Thayer be better?

12T mixed 7x7 roto keeper. Extra P cats are Losses and HR allowed. Neither closer would be kept so interested only in which to take for ROS.

A guy in our league who typically does more than 50 deals a season offered Downs for Pierzynski (it is a1 C league and I start Santana). Even though he is punting saves he is always grabbing closers and semi closers as trade chips and also has Thayer (and Dolis) on his roster. Would Downs be the best option of the 3? Will he net me more saves? Like many I thought I drafted an adequate bullpen to finish mid pack, (fat Frankie, Melancon, Holland-KC, and Balfour) but it started crumbling from the get go. I traded for Santiago and got a few saves there before dealing him off, and I currently play Cisek, Dave Hernandez, and Romo along with Francisco and Balfour hoping to stay just stay afloat in the category. Thanks!

I'd take Downs. Dolis has a horrible K rate. I don't trust Thayer.

Comment

Thanks for your help. For once I'm glad I was slow on the trigger. Santana just went on the DL and I think I'm going to need AJP too much in the interim. The top (by % owned on Y) catchers available right now are Mesoraco or Buck at 4% and Hundley at 3%. Our extra hitting cats are OPS and H so those are very poor options to start in our 12T mixer.

Comment

Working...
      X