Eric Hosmer -- how concerned are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Hosmer -- how concerned are you?

I didn't end up with Hosmer on any of my teams because the hype was so out of control that his price just kept rising and rising as auctions/drafts approached. I was pretty unhappy not to land him but now I'm feeling that I may have dodged a bullet. He was bad in April -- hitting .188, but he still had 5 home runs. He's been truly terrible in May: .195/.244/.273. And it's not like he's hitting doubles instead of home runs. He only has 6 doubles all year. He has to be one of the bigger busts so far, given how bullish people were about him before the season.

Any chance he gets sent down?

I think theres a fairly good chance he gets sent down if he doesnt pick it up within the next few weeks. He looks lost.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I think theres a fairly good chance he gets sent down if he doesnt pick it up within the next few weeks. He looks lost.
      Agreed. He has options left and Wil Myers has been killing it.

Comment

Hosmer has hits in the last four games including a 3-4 game on Wednesday. So, maybe he's heating up.

And only 22 k's in 166 at bats makes me think he hasn't been overmatched. But, with only 15 walks, maybe he's swinging at (and hitting) pitches out of the strike zone which makes it pretty difficult to square up the ball and drive it.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

With June 1 approaching, Will Myers could easily be coming up. Where would they play him?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            With June 1 approaching, Will Myers could easily be coming up. Where would they play him?

J
            Doubtful...most likely that they let him get the rest of the season at AAA ball to make sure that he's ready. They've had him playing corner OF in the minors, and now some games in CF...so either slot into CF next year, or deal Frenchy and put him in right.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

The last C to CF conversion I can recall is Dale Murphy. Just sayin'.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

there's almost zero chance Myers could be adequate in CF.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  there's almost zero chance Myers could be adequate in CF.
                  While I think he'll be the RF of the future why the zero % ? "Adequate" defensive guys like Granderson and even rag armed hacks like Damon have/had CF gigs recently due to their offensive skills. I've seen Myers play CF a number of times and he should be better than either. KC has 2 better defensive CF for sure, but both Cain and Dyson are offensively challenged to put it mildly. Frenchie and Gordon are both plus defenders at their respective corner OF positions, and while I do think it's more likely they trade Frenchie to open up RF, plugging Myers between them would be at least an "adequate" defensive OF.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    The last C to CF conversion I can recall is Dale Murphy. Just sayin'.

J
                    Craig Biggio
                    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by dannahann View Post
                      While I think he'll be the RF of the future why the zero % ? "Adequate" defensive guys like Granderson and even rag armed hacks like Damon have/had CF gigs recently due to their offensive skills. I've seen Myers play CF a number of times and he should be better than either. KC has 2 better defensive CF for sure, but both Cain and Dyson are offensively challenged to put it mildly. Frenchie and Gordon are both plus defenders at their respective corner OF positions, and while I do think it's more likely they trade Frenchie to open up RF, plugging Myers between them would be at least an "adequate" defensive OF.
                      I've yet to find a scout that thinks Myers can play an average CF in the majors. I've never seen him play, just passing along what I've read.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Another 3-4 game for Hosmer today. His ba is up to .206 now. The chance to buy low could be gone.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X