Is this team good enough to win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this team good enough to win?

Thoughts on this team being good enough to win? I know i need help in saves. And if Craig and Ellsbury stay healthy and produce like they can I think this team is pretty damn good. Am i right?

Thanks.

12 team mixed...5x5

C- Wieters
    1b - Konerko
    2b - Cuddyer
    3b - Mi Young
    SS - Tulo
    MI - Gordon
    CI - Freeman
    OF - GarGo, Trout, Ibanez, Reddick, Hart
    Util - Crisp or Campana

DL: Ellsbury, Allen Craig

SP - Weaver, Hamels, Felix, Zimmerman, McDonald, Vargas
    RP - Axford, Fuentes, Thayer, Frieri
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Does Craig qualify at 2B? You've got big holes at UT and MI. CarGo, SS, 2B, C and 1B are elite or near-elite. Top 4 pitchers are awesome. It's awfully hard to win a 12-team mixed with holes in your lineup though. If Ellsbury is 2011 Ellsbury when he comes back and Craig qualifies at MI, then yes. Otherwise you need to shore up the offense a bit and hope your back-end closers get you some saves.

Comment

I think you have a good shot at 2nd with that team.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Does Craig qualify at 2B? You've got big holes at UT and MI. CarGo, SS, 2B, C and 1B are elite or near-elite. Top 4 pitchers are awesome. It's awfully hard to win a 12-team mixed with holes in your lineup though. If Ellsbury is 2011 Ellsbury when he comes back and Craig qualifies at MI, then yes. Otherwise you need to shore up the offense a bit and hope your back-end closers get you some saves.
        Thanks JC. Right now i am at or near the top in HR, RBI, Runs while OK in average and steals, so my offense has been pretty solid.

And this year it really seems like even in a 12 team mixed every team has holes because of the mediocrity of hitters in MLB.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          I think you have a good shot at 2nd with that team.
          I know. Remember I said that when the season started

Comment

Working...
          X