Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neftali Feliz out to the Break

ugh

Neftali Feliz (elbow) could be sidelined until the All-Star break.
    Feliz was placed on the disabled list Monday with right elbow inflammation. He'll be shut down for a month, after which he'll begin a throwing program. This will likely sideline him until the All-Star break, if not longer. The 24-year-old right-hander was facing an innings limit in his first season in the rotation anyway, so this might not be the worst thing for him given that there's no structural damage. Scott Feldman will take his spot in the starting rotation and is worth adding in AL-only formats.
    Source: MLBlogs.com May 21 - 6:35 PM

Free Alexi Ogando!!!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Free Alexi Ogando!!!
      It looks like they'll give Scott Feldman the first shot at replacing Feliz in the rotation.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        It looks like they'll give Scott Feldman the first shot at replacing Feliz in the rotation.
        Scott Feldman will take his spot in the starting rotation and is worth adding in AL-only formats.
        You're like Jimmy Two Times!

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Free Alexi Ogando!!!
          I can go with that. Ogando has been brilliant in the pen, but this is a perfect opportunity.

that being said, Feldman is not a bad choice. A soft tosser among all the heat.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Now rumor has it that they are looking at Oswalt. But would he be ready before Feliz comes back?

Comment

The talk is that if Feliz returns this year, it would most likely be in relief. I wouldnt drop him, but wouldnt count on much the rest of the year either.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                The talk is that if Feliz returns this year, it would most likely be in relief. I wouldnt drop him, but wouldnt count on much the rest of the year either.
                Isn't this the same diagnosis as Brett Anderson last year?

Comment

Uh oh:

Neftali Feliz has been scratched from Sunday's rehab start with Triple-A Round Rock due to discomfort in his right elbow.

Uh oh. It's not clear at this point how big of a setback it is, but even if it's considered minor, Feliz now shouldn't be expected to join the Rangers' rotation anytime soon. The team should provide a more detailed update on his status later Sunday.
                  Source: MLBlogs.com Jul 29 - 12:15 PM

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Uh oh:

Neftali Feliz has been scratched from Sunday's rehab start with Triple-A Round Rock due to discomfort in his right elbow.

Uh oh. It's not clear at this point how big of a setback it is, but even if it's considered minor, Feliz now shouldn't be expected to join the Rangers' rotation anytime soon. The team should provide a more detailed update on his status later Sunday.
                    Source: MLBlogs.com Jul 29 - 12:15 PM
                    Ouch. The AS break was a while back.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                    X