Marginal Two-Start Pitchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marginal Two-Start Pitchers

I'm setting lineups for the upcoming week, as I'm guessing most of you are, and I have a couple of issues. We all like two-start pitchers when they stand to give us two good outings and not two headaches. I have a couple of twofers that I'm leaning against, even though the matchups aren't that bad. (15-team mixed 5x5)

Rick Porcello - his last two starts have been horrible, but this week he draws Cleveland and Minnesota away. You have to like someone going against the Twinks, but lately they have been feisty.

Felipe Paulino - on the road against the Yankees and O's...two good offenses, but Felipe has strung together three good starts, and he'll likely be facing Kuroki and Hunter, neither of which strike fear into the heats of opposing batters. Of course, Felipe pitches for KC, so you got that working too.

Gavin Floyd - Home against Cleveland and Minnesota, I'm starting him.

My one-starters would be Hamels, Haren, Kennedy, Sale and Shields if I go only with Floyd from above. I'll be giving John Danks the week off (his numbers were so good last year, but he's lost something this year).

Thoughts? Insights? Commentary?

No way do I go near Paulino this week. Floyd & the one-starters for me

Comment

I clearly know nothing.....

Comment

Hey, I started Mike Minor...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Hey, I started Mike Minor...
          As did I

oh, and on Paulino

Comment

I started Paulino ini two out of three leagues, but didn't start him in Boxscore, where I probably needed him the most.

Comment

I started him in all my leagues - sorry I missed this thread, or I'd have argued. He's throwing just nasty stuff right now, and is showing a little more control. This guy's a real talent, and if I were a dumper and someone had him on their staff at an attractive price, I'd be looking to land him.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X