pickup advice, 12-team mixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup advice, 12-team mixed

5x5 using AVG. I need to replace Allen Craig who was my UT player so I can take (well, bid on) any of these guys. No particular stat I need help in.

Beckham
    Betemit
    G. Blanco
    Colvin
    DeJesus
    Dirks
    Escobar
    Espinosa
    Gentry
    Y. Gomes
    Hafner
    Pacheco
    Torres
    Viciedo

I'm inclined to go for Dirks, Gomes, and Viciedo in that order but I could use a second or third opinion.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Dirks is in a fine position to rack up the runs while contributing a great average and good enough HR and SB. He would be my choice for best all-around value although Blanco will probably steal the most bases and Espinosa has the possibility of being a quality fill-in at 2B if your current starter goes down. Gomes is actually at the bottom of my list since he's simply filling in for Lawrie and doesn't have much of a minor league pedigree. Viciedo and Pacheco could be interesting but are also quite risky.

Comment

Working...
    X