need advice/input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice/input

i'm rebuilding for next year, i have an offer of starling castro $14/2 for arenado $5/2...

the right play is to accept the deal...

what are your thoughts?

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
    i'm rebuilding for next year, i have an offer of starling castro $14/2 for arenado $5/2...

the right play is to accept the deal...

what are your thoughts?
    Yes pull that trigger as fast as you can.

Comment

Eh, not a slam dunk for me. Arenado hasn't really dominated the minors so I could see a learning curve both this year and next year. Castro is seemingly at a good value at $14 and is already performing well in the majors. If you're allowed to extend Arenado then it's probably worth it, but otherwise I'd pass.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Eh, not a slam dunk for me. Arenado hasn't really dominated the minors so I could see a learning curve both this year and next year. Castro is seemingly at a good value at $14 and is already performing well in the majors. If you're allowed to extend Arenado then it's probably worth it, but otherwise I'd pass.

Ummm...he is getting Castro.

Comment

I'm not clear, either - I'd want Castro at 14 in that deal - but I'm not sure who he's getting.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Ummm...he is getting Castro.
            I interpreted him saying he was rebuilding for next year that he would be getting the guy still in the minors at the lesser dollar value. Not sure how your rebuilding strategy works

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I'm not clear, either - I'd want Castro at 14 in that deal - but I'm not sure who he's getting.
              i'm trading for castro which i did, even though arenado is hyped so high, he has never played in the majors while castro has played 2 years and is a proven major league player

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
                i'm trading for castro which i did, even though arenado is hyped so high, he has never played in the majors while castro has played 2 years and is a proven major league player
                Great trade for you.

Comment

I feel like kind of an a-hole for being snarky, but yes that is a fine trade. Basically a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush type thing except your bird has some pretty damn colorful feathers already and the one in the bush may not even learn to fly.

Comment

Working...
                  X