Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Top 150 Roto Prospects ('Pre-BA Top 100')

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you aren't concerned about timing, from a fantasy prospective, I'd probably go...

Billy Hamilton, Reds 2B
    Devin Mesoraco, Reds C
    Casey Kelly, Padres SP
    Treyvon Robinson, Dodgers OF
    Wil Rosario, Rockies C
    Jerry Sands, Dodgers 1B
    Trey McNutt, Cubs SP
    Jennry Mejia, Mets SP
    Jarred Cosart, Phillies SP
    Brody Colvin, Phillies SP

(I hate drafting rookie pitchers unless they are Top 10 type talents. You just never know what's going to happen with them by the time or when they reach the majors.)

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      RHD - What is your take on prospects Paul Goldschmidt and Rich Poythress?
      Thanx for the response, eldiablo.

They're both fairly close to being on my list. Goldschmidt is #176 and Poythress are #209. And BA did rank them both in their recent 'Prospects-by-Position' piece; Goldy was the #12 1Bman and and Poythress was #15. But I dont see moving them on anytime soon, tho: just two guys that I have my eye on. BA lately is making a fairly big deal about 'right-right' corner guys, particularly 1Bmen. That refers to hitters that both bat and throw right. The gist of this argument seems to be that guys that bat right-handed and are not athletic are questionable prospects because they'll face mostly righthanders who will find holes in their hitting that they'll be able to exploit. The fact that they're not athletic means both that they'll have to hit their way into a MLB lineup and that they're less likely to be able to make the necessary adjustments to remain as successful hitters as they were in the minors. Both of the above guys are 'right-right' and are fairly big guys and havent racked up many SBs, so they're probably not athletic. So they probably each fit BA's 'right-right' negative profile. Goldy appears to be more highly thought of, as BA ranked him on both their team top 10 and league top 20 lists, whereas Poythress didnt make either.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        My mid-April farm draft will be on Friday.
        Most of the top 20+ NL prospects are taken, but not all.
        I own Taillon, Lyles, Delgado, Singleton, DGordon, Tate - and the No. 8 and 9 picks this year (cutting Whitson since he didn't sign with Padres last season and may not get picked by NL team this year).

Best-rated available as of January - any moving up or down the board since then?

Wil Rosario, Rockies C
        Casey Kelly, Padres SP
        Devin Mesoraco, Reds C
        Jennry Mejia, Mets SP
        Treyvon Robinson, Dodgers OF
        Billy Hamilton, Reds 2B
        Jarred Cosart, Phillies SP
        Brody Colvin, Phillies SP
        Trey McNutt, Cubs SP
        Jerry Sands, Dodgers 1B

To some extent I'll just be taking what the draft gives me, although there always are some surprise picks which helps. We can't draft anyone who hasn't already been drafted by an NL team.
        Thanx for the response, JudgeJude.

Not a whole lot of movement from the last list for these guys. Mesoraco actually moved down a few notches because several others were moved above him. I should be posting a new list shortly. Stay tuned.

Comment

actual order of selection, re this crew (my buys in caps), was Mesoraco Kelly Mejia.... Sands... Hamilton ROSARIO ROBINSON.. Cosart... McNutt... and Colvin not taken in the 24 picks...

Happy with what I got and where I got it. Dealt the 13 and 20 picks to get the 9 (Robinson). Other guy picked McNutt and Puello (I had no room for 2 picks, he did).

I guess people panicked on the Rosario knee surgery last year, but he has 2 HR in 19 AB so far in AA
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I noticed that Tim Wheeler is off to an excellent start for Colorado. He's got 11 HR with 7 SB (but 5 CS) and his slash line is .321/.409/.664 in 34 games. Pretty impressive though I suppose someone is going to tell me the Texas League is a hitters league.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              I noticed that Tim Wheeler is off to an excellent start for Colorado. He's got 11 HR with 7 SB (but 5 CS) and his slash line is .321/.409/.664 in 34 games. Pretty impressive though I suppose someone is going to tell me the Texas League is a hitters league.
              Thanx for the response, BuckyBuckner.

See the more recent thread of my list for my comments on T Wheeler:
              Last edited by rhd; 05-16-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Thanx for the response, BuckyBuckner.

See the more recent thread of my list for my comments on T Wheeler:
                http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...on)/page3&s=b7
                Cool, thanks. I did a quick search and this was the first thread that popped up. I did see that it was before the season started so I understood why he was just off the list as last year was a down year for him. I drafted him last year and was disappointed with his progress in 2010. But was very surprised and happy to see his numbers this year. Hopefully he's turned a corner and can turn into something.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Fair to say Jurk Profar is moving up in your next rankings?

Forget the decent power (24 xbh) and speed (5 sb), as an 18 year old in A ball, he has more walks (28), than strikeouts (23) so far in 160 at bats!

Great eye and power, I hope he sticks at ss.

Comment

Do you think Leonys Martin will make the next list? He is raking at AA.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      I never know how to evaluate Cuban prospects so I didnt make a large bid on Martin but the owner in my league who always picks up the best prospects before they are the best jumped all over Martin with a large big as soon as he was available in cbs leagues.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                        Fair to say Jurk Profar is moving up in your next rankings?

Forget the decent power (24 xbh) and speed (5 sb), as an 18 year old in A ball, he has more walks (28), than strikeouts (23) so far in 160 at bats!

Great eye and power, I hope he sticks at ss.
                        Thanx for the response, wannabegriffey.

Yes, Profar will move up, altho not by as much as you may think. He's still far away from MLB.

BTW, I plan to post an updated rankings soon. I want to wait a little while to see what people have to say about the new draftees first.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Thanx for the response, joncarlos.

Yes, Martin will be on the list. But I really dont know a lot about him, which may keep me from ranking him as high as perhaps he should be. Havent heard what his likely ETA to MLB will be either. But he's certainly doing well so far in the minors in a SSS.

Speaking of new latin imports, check out Oscar Taveras. SSS, but a slash line of .500/.536/.692 as an 18 y/o in full season ball!!! Dont really know how high to rank him either, but he's on the list also.

Comment

Working...
                          X