X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Carlos (Chooch) Ruiz

Will the madness continue:

7HRs, 27 RBIs, 19 Runs, .363 BA

Hell he even stole a base tonight. Thanks Chooch!!!!!

he's been amazing. He's worth 10 Joe Mauers.

Comment

In my 12 team mixed, i was just holding on to him in April until Jesus Montero qualified at catcher. Then i was just keeping him in my utility spot until Gardner and Reimold got off the DL. Now, it looks like he won't be going anywhere as he's been one of my best hitters!
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Imagine how bad the Phils' offense would be if he weren't doing this.

He's always had strong OBP skills, so this isn't completely out of nowhere, but obviously there's some BABIP luck going on.

He's one of the main reasons I've been hanging around the top 5 in Mock One.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Another example of why I never pay big $ for Cs (both of my leagues are 1 C).
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Another example of why I never pay big $ for Cs (both of my leagues are 1 C).
            I don't understand how that is an example of why you don't pay big $ for catchers. A good example would be if a high salaried catcher was having a bad year. Bu that's certainly not what's at play here.

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
              I don't understand how that is an example of why you don't pay big $ for catchers. A good example would be if a high salaried catcher was having a bad year. Bu that's certainly not what's at play here.
              Because Ruiz went undrafted in one league (he was not ranked in the top 12) and I FAAB'd him in week 2. Every season there are Cs outside of the top 12 pre-season who will end up producing good stats. (e.g., Aviles & Yadi last season).
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Another SB tonight!
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Had him for 6-lame duck in my NL-only, but also MMontero 15 and Rosario 5, and only 1 OF.

So I dealt Ruiz for Prado 20, another lame duck.
                  Rosario has 5 HRs in limited play and a good upside, and Prado has been fine.
                  But another case where having that new farm guy sometimes gets in the way...
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The Phils have said all year they need to do better at "manufacturing runs" because they can't rely on Howard and Utley to drive people in. It's not surprising that they are running a lot -- but I didn't expect to see Chooch stealing.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Because Ruiz went undrafted in one league (he was not ranked in the top 12) and I FAAB'd him in week 2. Every season there are Cs outside of the top 12 pre-season who will end up producing good stats. (e.g., Aviles & Yadi last season).

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X