Ervin Santana for a Closer AL only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ervin Santana for a Closer AL only

I have absolutely no closers (well except Farnsworth) in a 10 team AL only league. I have a ton of pitching and am looking to move someone for a closer.

I am looking at offering this trade. Is it fair?

Santana and R Sweeney for Valverde and H Kendrick

Pitchers are:
    F Paulino $1
    Hellickson $5
    Holland $1
    Sabathia $35
    Santana $17
    Smyly $1
    J Parker $5
    T Collins $3
    Peralta $5
    J Peralta

Bench
    Niemann
    Morales
    Lindstrom
    N Jones
    Oswalt
    Farnsworth

Hitters
    c-Avila $9
    c-B Pena $1
    1B- Smoak $5
    2B- Cano $32
    3B- Callaspo $1
    CNR- N Johnson $3
    MI- Seager $5
    O- Soo Choo $27
    O- Granderson $23
    O- Hamilton $33
    O- Suzuki $27
    O- Thames $2
    DH- R Sweeney $5

Bench- Carp, R Davis, Nunez, Ellsbury

4x4 or 5x5? Because that does impact the closer's value a bit...
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

AL 5X5 $260 Auction Standard 14 Hitters 9 P

The team that needs Starting pitching has :

J Johnson
      Valverde
      Downs

Comment

Well, Downs is out and Walden may be working his way back so it's not like he's a sure thing. Valverde is his sure thing. It's not a bad offer, certainly counter worthy and if I was the other owner I would counter for Thames instead of Sweeney. But it's a decent offer to get the ball rolling.
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
          Well, Downs is out and Walden may be working his way back so it's not like he's a sure thing. Valverde is his sure thing. It's not a bad offer, certainly counter worthy and if I was the other owner I would counter for Thames instead of Sweeney. But it's a decent offer to get the ball rolling.
          Downs pitched Tuesday, so he is ok.

Is this a keeper league and what are the prices and years for the guys you want coming to you and the years for the guys you are offering him. I'm in a league like that so knowing this would be helpful. Also, you said $260 cap. Has that been raised since the auction and if so how much? We raise ours after the draft and after the all star break.

I think it may be a fair offer, but need the other info.

Comment

This is a keeper league. Here is the trade that I ended up doing: E Santana $18 and Ichiro $27 for Valverde $23 and P Fielder $50

Comment

um OK - that seems like a better deal for you than the first one

Comment

Working...
              X