Three Pitchers I’m Backing Tonight on StarStreet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Pitchers I’m Backing Tonight on StarStreet

Alright guys, here are the three pitchers I'm taking on StarStreet tonight. You can follow along with my lineup here. If you haven't played yet, you get $100,000 salary cap to build a team and you are trying to score more points than your opponent. There are a lot of different strategies you can try, including loading up on all pitchers or going with say 10 shares of a superstar hitter and a few shares of scrubs. I'm going with the three starter approach tonight:

Gio Gonzalez ($34,843) – Gio is worth a look tonight as the fourth most expensive pitcher on the night. The lefty is coming off two straight wins and faces Pittsburgh at home. Gonzalez is averaging 15.7 fantasy points per start, which is 14th best in the majors this year. Pittsburgh has struggled hitting left-handers this year with a .625 OPS, which is fifth worst in baseball.

Clayton Richard ($20,967) – At practically minimum price ($20K is min for pitchers), Richard is worth a shot tonight against the Dodgers in Petco. While Richard has struggled this year with a 5.32 ERA in seven starts, he has actually been good at home. In three starts at Petco, Richard has a 2.21 ERA to go with 16 strikeouts in 20.1 innings. With Matt Kemp out of the lineup for LA, this could turn into another quality start for Richard. Richard put up 18 fantasy points in his first start of the season, which was at home against the Dodgers. A similar performance tonight, especially at this price point, could prove to be quite a bargain.

Chris Capuano ($26,324) – Richard’s counterpart tonight is another lefty in Capuano. With a 5-0 record and an average of 13.5 fantasy points per start, Capuano is an intriguing option. SD can’t hit lefties this year (or righties) and playing in Petco will only help tonight. Grab some shares of Capuano and you’ll already be halfway to a win tonight.

If you want to build your own team and play tonight, you can do so here.

Good luck guys!

This thread came across like a internet robo-post. Didn't know it was a sponsor until I read Jason Collette's note in another thread.

Site looks interesting.
    Last edited by Sharky; 05-16-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Somehow I get the feeling that this guy is trying to sell us something....
      It's a word from our sponsor - check out Jason's top thread "Hey guys -- check it out"
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

shouldn't that have started with:

"Alright peeples,"
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Oh for crying out loud, be nice to the sponsors, will ya? Bunch of crybabies.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Oh for crying out loud, be nice to the sponsors, will ya? Bunch of crybabies.
            You left off "or I'll punch you in the nuts".
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              You left off "or I'll punch you in the nuts".
              Well played, sir. Well played.

Comment

Ended up having a really good night last night, winning all three of my match-ups.

The three pitchers recommended did well: Gio put up 21 points, Richard 18.5 and Capuano 7.25.

I know some of you signed up, so hopefully you are enjoying it and have had success. Let me know if you have any questions on how things work. I'd love to see you guys do well.

Thanks!

StarStreet Daily Fantasy Sports.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X