Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice trade.

Now maybe trade Uribe and Hamels for another good keeper?

Comment

Good trade. There's no obvious 8th on the list. I'd probably prefer not to keep Uribe if I could upgrade. Arroyo & Uribe for someone looking for cheap value?

Comment

I just traded Venable 2 and Johnson 5 for Nolasco 2. I am pitcher heavy right now but Garcia Chacin Nolasco Hanrahan and Nunez for a total of $20 will allow me to get an ace and then go after the many bats I need.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          I just traded Venable 2 and Johnson 5 for Nolasco 2. I am pitcher heavy right now but Garcia Chacin Nolasco Hanrahan and Nunez for a total of $20 will allow me to get an ace and then go after the many bats I need.
          I don't know that you need an ace to pair with those four starters. Maybe a tier lower, like Billingsley or Marcum.

Comment

latest offer to me is

Rasmus 16 2nd year
            Bruce 14 2nd year
            Chapman 9 2nd year
            Kuo 1 2nd year

I would give
            Brown 1 2nd year
            Upton 20 final year
            Nunez 4 final year

thoughts?
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Tough one. Do you have to keep Chapman at 9? That's over-value.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                Tough one. Do you have to keep Chapman at 9? That's over-value.
                no. I could definitely toss him back.

I am torn about Brown more than anything else. I also feel Rasmus is no bargain.

Comment

I'd prefer Nunez, Upton, Brown over Rasmus, Bruce, Kuo. I'm just not buying that Broxton is done and that Kuo has all sorts of value. Nunez at 4 is a very, very good closer.

Brown/Upton is about equal to Bruce/Rasmus, but for 9 less, I'd rather have Brown/Upton. Plus you have Brown for the longer term and if you're trying to trade someone this year to help fill holes, then Brown would have more value than any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                    I'd prefer Nunez, Upton, Brown over Rasmus, Bruce, Kuo. I'm just not buying that Broxton is done and that Kuo has all sorts of value. Nunez at 4 is a very, very good closer.

Brown/Upton is about equal to Bruce/Rasmus, but for 9 less, I'd rather have Brown/Upton. Plus you have Brown for the longer term and if you're trying to trade someone this year to help fill holes, then Brown would have more value than any of them.
                    I countered taking out the relievers. 2 for 2, Rasmus/Bruce for Brown/Upton. $9 more but I do feel that they will outproduce in 2k11 by a decent margin, though itll prolly hurt long term.

Comment

after my latest deal, here is where I am

Uribe 1
                      Bruce 14
                      Rasmus 16
                      Hanrahan 1
                      Nunez 4
                      Garcia 1
                      Chacin 12

stuck on the last one
                      Kuo 1
                      T Wood 5
                      Hamels 30

Comment

I would keep Hamels. Wood and Kuo are guys you can back at the end of the draft for
                        almost the same price.

Comment

with gus like Grienke, Lee Halladay and others all available at the draft, how much higher than 30 is Hamels going to go?

In a k//9 league, a guy like Kuo is solid at a dollar and I have a lot of cash flexiblity.

Thats my thoughts? Any other opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Kuo was worth $12.21 last year in your format, Wood was worth $3.17.

Hamels was worth $14.25.

I think the choice is obvious, personally.

me too although I dont see Kuo getting more than 6-7 saves so itll go down but still a value.

Comment

Yeah, and I have to think that you'd be able to get Hamels back for a similar price if you really want to roster him again.

Man, your league is wacky. Jayson Werth was the 6th best hitter in your league last year! Billy Wagner was the 3rd best pitcher.

With TB as a category, you really get rewarded by having players that don't get hurt and play every game.
                              Yea, I enjoy the k/9 because it helps give value to the MRs but I personally dont care for the TBs.

What are you using to crunch numbers?

Comment

Rototimes' player rater. It's an awesome tool. You can get $ values and even points values for almost any type of league.
                                I will look at it now

Comment

Working...
                                X