What's Ryan Howard's trade Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Ryan Howard's trade Value?

I play in a 10-team H2H redraft league with a standard scoring format. I have had Ryan Howard stashed on my bench all season, but I am willing to trade him since I have Votto at 1B. I was offered Jim Johnson, Baltimore's closer in a straight-up deal for Howard. Am I crazy to think that I can get something more for Howard then a closer? I admit it, I am a Phillie fan...am I overvaluing him considering the injury he's coming off of? My hope is to get a starting pitcher that is superior to Billingsly...or even Lance Lynn, a starter that I could use in my bullpen...Am I being realistic?

My roster:
    C: Wieters
    1B: Votto
    2B: Kelly Johnson
    3B: Beltre
    SS: Cabrera
    OF: McCutchen, Victorino, Heyward
    U: Craig
    Bench: Aviles, Altuve, Ryan Howard, Carlos Lee

SP: Billingsly, Halladay, Kennedy, Bumgardner, Zimmerman
    RP: Samardzija, League
    Bench: Nathan

It is totally up to the market. The Phils' offense is terrible. Is .260-20-60 in 90-100 games reasonable? Are you expecting more than that? Is someone else? JJ has been a really good closer but his team isn't going to keep offering him a ton of chances. Lynn is probably due some regression too, so if you can get his owner to think he's selling high, that's also a reasonable offer.

Comment

Since it is not a keeper league, I would move him now. He is "thought" to be coming back soon. That may be true, that assumes everything goes well. He will also need time to get baseball ready. In your situation I would get something that helps you win now.

Keeper league I would wait.

I am the owner of a Howard with a $25 new contract in an NL only keeper league. I hold him in high value. I can keep him or trade him for something good.

Comment

Working...
      X