BN - Trout 10
    BN - Schumaker 10
    BN - Harper 10
    BN - Chipper Jones 3
    BN - Mo Rivera 22
    DL - Stephen Drew 2
    DL - Storen 9 (year 3)
    MN - Dylan Bundy 10

16 team 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    +3 first 3 years, +6 after that, 6 ML/2 MiL keepers

After spending the first month in the top 6, we've dropped to 11th. Which offer would be better for a rebuilding team?

SP Turner 1, SP Teheran 5, RP Dolis 10 for RP Jansen
    SP Cole 5, OF Starling 5, OF Hicks 1 for SP Lincecum, OF Ethier

I suppose it depends on whether you're rebuilding for next year or the year after. I doubt any of Cole, Starling, or Hicks contribute in 2013; all of the guys in the first trade should be in the majors. Dolis is hard to project as a closer long-term but who knows. That said, trading for pitching prospects sucks, and you could theoretically keep Jansen and you're not that likely to keep Ethier although maybe.

I think I'd take the first one but trading for guys who aren't at least tearing up AA makes me nervous, maybe it doesn't bother you.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I do not like either of the trades.

You have an interesting team. I am not sure that you should not be trading the other way. Of course I don't see what the other teams look like. How many points out of the money are you?

Comment

In your 6x6 league, I'd do deal one if you're really looking to rebuild. No knock on jansen, but his value goes down with 6 pitching categories.

I'd have no interest in deal 2.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

86.5 points, 21 points out of the money

I'm just worried because my teams start solid every season but by the end of the year I'm in the bottom 2 or 3. I'm trying to prevent that from happening, given how good a set of keepers I started with.

SP Turner 1, SP Teheran 5, RP Dolis 10 for RP Jansen

Currently sitting in 1st: C Avila 13 (year 2), 1B Konerko 13 (year 3), 2B Infante 1, 3B Moustakas 4 (year 2), SS Jeter 20, MI Ellis 5, CI Hosmer 4 (year 2), OF Beltran 12, OF Nieuwenhuis 10, OF Scott 5, OF Ichiro 27, DH Ortiz 17, BN Pennington 1, BN Werth 15, DL Ellsbury 20 (year 5), MN Gyorko 10, P Bass 10, P Cook 10, P Floyd 5, P Greinke 34, P Janssen 10, P Lee 36, P WanRodriguez 6, P Santana 5, P Venters 7, BN Aceves 10, BN Broxton 5, P Cashner 10, P WeiChen 1, P Milone 2, DL Luebke 8 (year 2), MN Dolis 10, MN Teheran 1, MN Turner 5

SP Cole 5, OF Starling 5, OF Hicks 1 for SP Lincecum, OF Ethier

Currently sitting in 6th: C Flores 10, 1B Votto 25 (year 5), 2B Cano (year 4), 3B Beltre 16 (year 3), SS Tulowitzki 22 (year 6), MI Kinsler 41, CI LaRoche 10, OF Holliday 34, OF Ibanez 10, OF Lee 4, OF Young 8, DH Johnson 5, BN RyRoberts 15, BN Stewart 5, BN Nunez 5, BN Bourjos 8, BN Mayberry 5, BN Starling 5, DL BRoberts 1, DL Crawford 17, MN Olt 1, MN Franklin 1, MN Hicks 1, MN Taveras 1, P Beckett 18, BN Cahill 11, P Lewis 9, P McCarthy 6, P Motte 4 (year 2), P Peavy 1, P FRodriguez 1, P Uehara 1, P Wainwright 8 (year 2), BN Cole 5

Comment

Working...
          X