Stanton/Price for Kemp/closer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanton/Price for Kemp/closer?

12-team mixed 5x5. I'm in second place. I have no closers after having two closers in my six keepers (Madson and Farnsworth). I'm leading in runs and AVG, third in RBI, fourth in HR, fifth in SB. My pitchers are Haren, Hamels, Price, EJax, McCarthy, McDonald, Detwiler, Smyly, and Hammel with Luebke on DL.

My trade partner is implying without committing that he would take Stanton (can't be kept) and Price ($21) for Kemp (can't be kept) and one of his mediocre closers (Jim Johnson, Francisco, Broxton, Myers, Capps). Is this something I should want to do?

Alternatively I could trade Ryan Zimmerman $21 for two of those closers. I have a lot of corner infielders so it wouldn't hurt too much... right now I have Pena, Craig, Beltre, Wright, Zimmerman, and Howard in a few weeks.
    Last edited by mjl; 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Kemp is going to cool off and Stanton is already heating up. I think they'll be closer than you think the rest of the way. So that leaves you with Price for Jim Johnson, which I don't love. I think I'd rather trade Zimm for him, but that doesn't make it a great deal either. But Beltre, Wright, and Howard/Craig is still a fine CI trio so you can afford to pay it.

Comment

Much as I like Kemp, with your lineup, I'd deal Zim for two closers. I'd take Johnson and Myers, but mileage may vary.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

man I am getting a lot of offers in this league. And there's one other guy who's way more overstocked on pitching than even I am (he got a little overexcited during the auction... Felix, Halladay, Weaver, Strasburg, Feliz, Cain, JSantana, Darvish) so theoretically I could afford to move a pitcher and might be able to replace from him.

A couple more possibilities to look at:
        Jose Reyes $26 and Billy Hamilton ($1, can keep indefinitely) for Hamels $23 (Reyes would be replacing my ugly mix of GBeckham and DEspinosa)
        Granderson (can't be kept) and someone not that great (Andino or Marcum probably) for Kinsler, which would create a big hole in my middle infield

- Mike
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          A couple more possibilities to look at:
          Jose Reyes $26 and Billy Hamilton ($1, can keep indefinitely) for Hamels $23 (Reyes would be replacing my ugly mix of GBeckham and DEspinosa)
          Granderson (can't be kept) and someone not that great (Andino or Marcum probably) for Kinsler, which would create a big hole in my middle infield
          I really don't like the second deal at all; I'd do the first as I'm a believer that while losing Hamels hurts some, replacement of Hamels in a 12-team mixed is a lot easier than finding a premier SS.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X