No announcement yet.

Wonderboy with 4 HRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's averaged just over 4 WAR per year over the last 5 years.

He's already produced 2.7 WAR this year.

the current market is $5M per win right? i think he gets something in the vicinity of 5/$80+M with incentives that can push it into a 7/$150M type contract.

Comment

This is the kind of guy the Mets love to invest in, er overpay for. Ya, I know their financial situation is a total mess, but Hamilton fits like a glove in terms of high risk big money that the Mets have spent on FAs over the years.

edit: For the record, I love watching him play baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
        This is the kind of guy the Mets love to invest in, er overpay for. Ya, I know their financial situation is a total mess, but Hamilton fits like a glove in terms of high risk big money that the Mets have spent on FAs over the years.

edit: For the record, I love watching him play baseball.
        Gosh, I so disagree. The Mets have a fundamental policy in place requiring them to lose, and make massive unfortunate deals. No need to get defensive, it is in their bylaws. As a rule, the Mets must invest in fragile, injury prone (ok, so you on target with that part regarding Hamilton fitting) unlikeable glass is half empty type of smdgewicks.

Whoever signs Hamilton will be a kingdom of light, maybe ren fest faire music playing in background with staff from A to Z who have that "yes you can suga dumplin, you da best" attitude. Hamilton is a player of destiny, of greatness, and is creating in his wake a tradition of winning.

I hope the Rangers can resign him, 5/100Mil is what Josh deserves, who can spring for that while also having a tolerance for risk and a winning tradition? Ah, the answer is in the question, is it not? Boston, or NYY.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
          In a move that might be worse than the trade of Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio in 1964, after selecting Josh Hamilton in the 2006 Rule 5 Draft, the Cubs immediately traded him to the Reds for $100,000 ($50,000 for his rights, and $50,000 to cover the cost of the Rule 5 selection).
          Wouldn't the Reds trade of him for Volquez be considered worse? They had a full season of him and he showed what he could potentially do.

At that point no one knew what his addiction would mean. It would be like saying Matt Bush today is worth a star, when we all know that's ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Wouldn't the Reds trade of him for Volquez be considered worse? They had a full season of him and he showed what he could potentially do.

At that point no one knew what his addiction would mean. It would be like saying Matt Bush today is worth a star, when we all know that's ludicrous.
            At least the Reds got an actual major league player back in return (and had the foresight to take a chance on Hamilton with a very minimal investment). The Cubs got the proverbial bag of balls.

Comment

damn, another 2 HRs tonight, 8 HRs in his last 5 games. He's been as hot as any power hitter I can ever recall.

Comment

His bat speed is incredible. It's like he's holding a toothpick.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  His bat speed is incredible. It's like he's holding a toothpick.
                  a toothpick with retrorockets installed.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

He's at it again. And it was off a good pitch from CJ Wilson. For some reason I started thinking about the show Millennium and wondering if Hamilton's bat is made out of The Cross lol. Yes I'm a nerd.

Comment

He now has a 12 RBI lead as well!

He's leading the AL in BA, HRs, RBIs, Runs Scored, OBP, SLG & Total Bases! The real issue is why is he not leading the AL in walks??

Comment

On pace for about 90 HR's

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          On pace for about 90 HR's
                          And 200+ RBIs.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

90 games
                            90 games
                            120 games
                            130 games
                            156 games

What total is he going to reach this year?

Comment

What he is doing to some poor guy in my H2H league...

I had to play him in April.That was bad enough.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Haven't seen anything like this since Bonds. Amazing.
                                McGwire's finish in 97.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X