Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Cano 34 for Kipnis 18?

Both would be keepers for 2013 only.

Is this a classic sell high / buy low? Any reason to pursue it, or will I just regret it when Cano goes on a tear?

It's probably too early to start thinking about keepers.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I know there are salary implications to consider -- but *personally*, I'd want a little bit more than just Kipnis to make that deal for this year and next.

Comment

I love Kipnis and bought him in every league I could this year, so I'm loving the production. That said, Cano will likely still finish with 10 more home runs, 25 more rbi, 20 more runs, and an average that's at least 20 points higher. Kipnis will have 15-20 more steals.

If steals are a priority, and you're looking ahead to next year, I guess I'd consider it, but it's not like $18 is dirt cheap, either. You'd definitely be selling low on Cano here.

Comment

I think you're selling low on Cano - I'd keep him over Kipnis but if you're worried, I'd shop him around and see if you couldn't get more for him

Comment

Agreed, Cano is undervalued if you league has a fair amount of inflation.

Comment

Straight up? Not even close. Cano is going to go on a tear at some point.

Comment

Working...
            X