LaHair or Belt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaHair or Belt?

Who do you like better this year and next?

If you want AB, you are better off with LaHair this year
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      If you want AB, you are better off with LaHair this year
      what are you better off with if you chose belt? to me this is a no-brainer. it's not even close. i wish i had drafted lahair instead of belt, but i was scared off by rizzo.

Comment

Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
        what are you better off with if you chose belt? to me this is a no-brainer. it's not even close. i wish i had drafted lahair instead of belt, but i was scared off by rizzo.
        The question is for this year and next year.

Belt and LaHair have close to the same contracts. I would be trading an Uggla who is done this year for one of them.

If LaHair ends the season at .300 (which anybody would say is good). Who gets stuck holding the bad while he bats .223 for 75 abs? Plus there is still the issue of being traded. Plus does a position change affect his hitting when Rizzo comes up.

On the other side of it Belt is supposed to be a stud and the future. So no risk of being traded. And little risk of not having a job next year in the NL.

I obviously know that right now LaHair is better than Belt. But for how long?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          The question is for this year and next year.

Belt and LaHair have close to the same contracts. I would be trading an Uggla who is done this year for one of them.
          What are the salaries for next year?

For 2012 production, it's LaHair (but I have my concerns). For next year, it's probably Belt (but he hasn't shown that he's worth more than a mid-teens salary), so I'm not really sure how good of 2013 keeper he really is unless he has a single digit salary (which he probably doesn't based upon hype).

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post

For 2012 production, it's LaHair (but I have my concerns). For next year, it's probably Belt (but he hasn't shown that he's worth more than a mid-teens salary), so I'm not really sure how good of 2013 keeper he really is unless he has a single digit salary (which he probably doesn't based upon hype).

Actually the LaHair contract is a bit cheaper, but the Belt contract comes with a keeper pitcher. I am not so concerned about the contracts as the production. As a Cubs Homer I have to temper my feelings. And I have not seen anywhere enough of Belt to get a read. That is what I have you guys for.

I want to see who likes who the best. Chances are I trade them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post

I pretty much agree with Ryno here. Belt *should* be a lot better but at some point he needs to start showing it. If you don't care about 2012 value then that's different, but otherwise I think LaHair still outproduces Belt this year and I wouldn't guarantee either of them a keeper slot for 2013 at this point.

Comment

Working...
              X