Does Sabermatics help your drafting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
    It's a no-pot, gentleman's league of coworkers. All the guys are such nice old dudes, you get tired of beating the hell out of them year after year. I've won 7 times in 9 years, and I'm in the hunt again this year. There comes a point when you need to spread the wealth for the health of the league. And, yes, I support a tax hike on the super-wealthy.
    ah, that's different....but at this point, why do you bother, you know you are going to win....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
      Also, keep in mind that certain sabermetric principles have been around long enough that using them for some has become intuitive and sometimes we forget we are actually doing it.
      I think this might be closest to why I did well outside my keepers (thought I didn't really have the best set of keepers) Maybe 20 years of doing this has warped my brain in a way beyond repair
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        ah, that's different....but at this point, why do you bother, you know you are going to win....
        Good point. I'm commish and it's a VERY old league (26th or 27th season?) and I'm trying desperately to hold it together. Jude Baldo is in that league, as are a couple of other owners that I would put up against any owner in any of my other leagues. The other eight owners range between fair and hopeless.

And I don't necessarily KNOW I'm going to win. There are other good owners, but I have done a good job of maintaining a dynasty... thanks to sabermetrics.

Comment

Working...
        X