Randall Delgado Going Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall Delgado Going Forward

What happens to him when Jair gets called back up, or Teheran? Is he bullpen bound? Traded? He's struggled so far, but turned in a very good outing last time out and seems like he should get a chance to keep starting, somewhere. Will he?

He's been a bit unlucky, his peripherals are pretty good (26 K/12 BB in 28 IP), but I guess that is the flip side from last year when his top line stats masked iffy peripherals. He's still in the rotation for now, with a chance to stick. If the Braves call Jurrjens back up or Teheran and take Delgado out of the rotation, Delgado will start at AAA. He's considered a starter of the future, he's not going to be traded, and I doubt he is moved to the pen. He has barely pitched in AAA, so if he struggles enough to lose the rotation spot, he'll just be optioned.

Comment

Teheran has been mediocre so far at AAA, so I don't see him as an immediate threat. Of course with his talent, that could change in a few weeks time.

Comment

What if he doesn't struggle? What if he starts pitching great? Even then, won't he be optioned? Jurrjens is pitching well in AAA and is making 5.5 million. Teheran is pitching well too. So, what will the Braves do if everyone is pitching great? Is Delgado the odd man out even if he is pitching well?
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-08-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          What if he doesn't struggle? What if he starts pitching great? Even then, won't he be optioned? Jurrjens is pitching well in AAA and is making 5.5 million. Teheran is pitching well too. So, what will the Braves do if everyone is pitching great? Is Delgado the odd man out even if he is pitching well?
          Fredi Gonzalez stated yesterday that it was good that Jurrjens was doing well, but, no offense intended, Jurrjens was just a minor league pitcher at this point and there were no plans for a quick recall. As for what happens if everyone does well, I don't think the Braves have any idea, but they sure as well want to find out.

Comment

Working...
          X