Adrian Cardenas up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Cardenas up

full disclosure: I probably just traded too much for him and Scott Van Slyke on the assumption that my hitting has been not completely horrible with all of Soto, Gaby Sanchez, Weeks, and ARam being way under expectation so I could afford to give up a hitter, which is probably totally wrong but I'm a Cubs fan, sue me.

Cardenas getting called up today to be the primary backup infielder. Darwin Barney has been pretty awful this year. Cardenas was hitting .319/.376/.521 in Iowa. Hope he gets some decent playing time...
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Does he have speed? Where does he qualify (20 games)?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      I've never heard of him posing "speed."

Comment

He's played 2B, 3B, some SS.

He's been a very good hitter for most of his minor league career, but does not have the most-wanted fantasy stats (isopower and/or sb). What Cubs fans will be hoping for is a true "2" hitter, a guy who can hit .300 plenty of doubles and triples (and very few Ks), but maybe 5 HR and 15 SB.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

going by last year's numbers, he qualifies at OF and 2B. I have no idea why the A's were trying to convert him to outfield. He can play third as well.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
          X