Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Brian Dozier and is he worth a pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Brian Dozier and is he worth a pickup?

Gardy just named him starting SS.

Rotoworld:
    Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said on his radio show Sunday that Brian Dozier will be his starting shortstop. Jamey Caroll will shift to a utility role, spelling Alexi Casilla at second base, Danny Valencia at third and Dozier at short. Dozier hit .276/.339/.371 with a homer and two steals at Triple-A Rochester this season after hitting .320/.399/.491 with nine homers and 24 steals between High- and Double-A last year. He should be picked up in AL-only leagues right away and is worth monitoring in mixed formats.

Probably only in the deepest of leagues. He's a guy who projects to have middling power and speed, and probably will hit in the .270 range or so. If you need middle infield help, he probably won't hurt you, but he's not a top-tier prospect either.

This is the beginning of the re-making of the Twins....he's the guy most ready for the bigs, and there will likely be more to follow as the season gets progressively worse.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

One of the sharks in my AL only league drafted him in the reserve round end game. He is $2F.

We are deep enough that we would have went for $20-$24 in the FAAB bidding this Wednesday.

Comment

I'm with Gregg on this....he's someone I took in the reserve rounds and just traded him for Don Kelly because I lost Longo and Reimold this week and needed someone CI eligible so I could move Mitch Moreland back out to the OF after dealing Delmon Young to acquire him

Comment

i was hoping that this would come with a corresponding move on trevor plouffe. no such luck. how is this dude still on the team??
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
            i was hoping that this would come with a corresponding move on trevor plouffe. no such luck. how is this dude still on the team??
            Simple - he's out of options

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              I'm with Gregg on this....he's someone I took in the reserve rounds and just traded him for Don Kelly because I lost Longo and Reimold this week and needed someone CI eligible so I could move Mitch Moreland back out to the OF after dealing Delmon Young to acquire him
              Why would Dozier be eligible at corner? He's been a SS or 2B, all his career as far as I know.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                One of the sharks in my AL only league drafted him in the reserve round end game. He is $2F.

We are deep enough that we would have went for $20-$24 in the FAAB bidding this Wednesday.
                No power
                not a good base stealing threat
                Why would be go for more than 5 faab bucks? To hope for an empty batting average?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Why would Dozier be eligible at corner? He's been a SS or 2B, all his career as far as I know.
                  I needed someone CI eligible so I traded Dozier for Kelly who is 1B/OF

Comment

Working...
                  X