Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for a closer (NL-only)

12-team NL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

While my team is performing admirably and sitting in 1st place, I have a logjam at starting pitcher and only 1 closer. My closest friend in the league has 2 closers (Papelbon and Casilla) and is in need of starting pitching. Which two pitchers on my roster would be a fair offer for Papelbon?

Cliff Lee ($40/2)
    Edwin Jackson ($12/2)
    Johnny Cueto ($7/1)
    Anibal Sanchez ($1/0)
    James McDonald ($1/0)
    Ricky Nolasco ($10/2)
    Joe Wieland ($5/2)
    Jon Niese ($10/2)
    K-Rod ($11/2)
    Venters ($10/2)

If he's looking for keepers then Anibal and JMac are obviously off the table and it makes someone like Wieland look more valuable. I need to do a 2-for-1 because Lee is coming off the DL next week although I could drop K-Rod (although I'm hoping he gets his act together and possibly gets a closing gig in the offseason).

Thanks in advance!

Little help?

Comment

I'd sell high on Nolasco but that means your 2nd guy had better be pretty solid. Nolasco and Cueto? That gives him the option of hedging for next season. If I had Papelbon I'm not sure if I'd take that, but it's the closest thing. You could start with Nolasco and J-mac if you don't think it will scare him off.

Comment

I was thinking Nolasco and Cueto before I read JC's post.

This is the second time this has happened with this boards experts. Hmmmm...maybe I am finally learning!!

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I'll try Nolasco and Wieland as a starting point and see if he bites. Not sure I want to give up Cueto given his awesome keeper price (at this point he'd probably go for $20+ next year) but we'll see how it goes.

Comment

i wouldn't give up cueto. i'd rather offer lee. lee for papelbon probably gets it done.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              12-team NL-only 5x5 (OBP) keeper league
              Edwin Jackson ($12/2)
              Johnny Cueto ($7/1)
              Anibal Sanchez ($1/0)
              James McDonald ($1/0)
              Ricky Nolasco ($10/2)

Level 2:
              Joe Wieland ($5/2)
              Jon Niese ($10/2)
              K-Rod ($11/2)
              Venters ($10/2)
              I say give him a choice pick 1 choice between level one and level two. I don't think the row two is a great 2nd player. Weiland has potential, but tough to tell him very high after ok stats so far (and I am an owner myself).

I am sure he will go Cueto or Sanchez and Weiland. You have to pay something to get one of the best closers.

Comment

Working...
              X