Longoria out, offer for Bautista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    Take out Hosmer and I do it. It sounds like he's getting greedy. Escobar and A-Cab are a wash, so you're trading two stud bats plus 3 arms for a Bautista who has not hit consistently.
    I'm countering him Reimold, Machado, Escobar, Noesi and Gomez for Bautista and Acab and he can pull Escobar/A.Cab out of he wants.

If I get A.Cab, I wonder if I should extend him to $19 for next year and keep him. The surprising thing with him this year is that he is walking more with a obp over .400 and I'm in a obp league so that's huge.

I have the A-rod $27 2014 owner interested in Hosmer for him. Do you like that? If I could get A-Rod and Bautista with Longoria coming back before the break, I would have the best offense by far in the league.

This is how it would look
    C Weiters, Jaso, 1B Konerko, 2B Pedroia, SS A.Cab/Escobar, 3B Longoria, MI Weeks, CI Arod, OF Choo, Bautista, Dirks, Granderson, Zobrist and DH Gentry. Rotation would still be Shields, CJ, Holland, Vargas, Pettitte, Smyly and J.Williams with Aceves and Freiri closing.
    Last edited by price; 05-23-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
      I'm countering him Reimold, Machado, Escobar, Noesi and Gomez for Bautista and Acab and he can pull Escobar/A.Cab out of he wants.

If I get A.Cab, I wonder if I should extend him to $19 for next year and keep him. The surprising thing with him this year is that he is walking more with a obp over .400 and I'm in a obp league so that's huge.

I have the A-rod $27 2014 owner interested in Hosmer for him. Do you like that? If I could get A-Rod and Bautista with Longoria coming back before the break, I would have the best offense by far in the league.

This is how it would look
      C Weiters, Jaso, 1B Konerko, 2B Pedroia, SS A.Cab/Escobar, 3B Longoria, MI Weeks, CI Arod, OF Choo, Bautista, Dirks, Granderson, Zobrist and DH Gentry. Rotation would still be Shields, CJ, Holland, Vargas, Pettitte, Smyly and J.Williams with Aceves and Freiri closing.
      I'm not sure I'd take A-Rod over Hosmer. I definitely wouldn't do it given their keeper salaries. I think Hosmer bounces back. I think A-Rod looks like his power is really fading. I am not sure I trust A-Cab to keep walking enough to extend him... but in a 12-team, 310-cap AL league, he won't kill you at 19.

Comment

He's holding tight on his last offer of

Bautista $7 2012 and A.Cabrera $14 2012
        for
        Reimold $10 2013, Hosmer $10 2013, Y.Escobar $11 2013, Machado $5 minors, Noesi $1 2014 and J.Gomez $2 2013

I'm not sure if Reimold will bring much of anything and he's a huge injury risk going foward if/when he comes back.

I'm countering the players he wants with him adding in Arrieta $5 2012 (but can be extended in a trade) who I could use as a trade chip later, so I'd get Acab, Bautista and Arrieta.

Comment

I think that's fair. You're probably right about Reimold. I would do that deal but it's not a slam dunk for you.

Comment

Working...
          X