X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longoria out, offer for Bautista?

12 team AL only keeper roto $310 cap ($330 by A.S. break) 5x5 with obp

I just got Granderson right as Longo went down and I'm in 2nd 3 pts back

Do I offer my Hosmer $10 2013, Y.Escobar $11 2013, Noesi $1 and G.Richards (minors)
    for
    J.Bautista $7 (this yr onyl), A.Cabrera $14 (this yr only) and Arrieta $5 (contract ends but can be extended 1yr $5 if traded)

Should I offer this up and do you think it is enough of an upgrade? the owner is out of it and the guys I want he wont have for next year. He also has M.Cabrera, but at $47 and that would really make it difficult down the road with the cap.

Thanks

I'm not convinced. I know getting a cap-friendly Bautista is really nice, but I am not a huge Asdrubal fan and I think the gap between him and Escobar will be smaller than you think. So this whole deal comes down to Arrieta being a monster which I'm not betting on since he's an Orioles. A $10 Hosmer is a hell of a nice chip. I'd hold out for more

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I'm not convinced. I know getting a cap-friendly Bautista is really nice, but I am not a huge Asdrubal fan and I think the gap between him and Escobar will be smaller than you think. So this whole deal comes down to Arrieta being a monster which I'm not betting on since he's an Orioles. A $10 Hosmer is a hell of a nice chip. I'd hold out for more
      jc nailed it. ACab is not a big upgrade and Bautista needs to get going to help you. Arrieta has a great K rate, but his wins will be limited by the team. Hold out for more.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I'm thinking about offering my Hosmer and Riemold for Bautista and BJ Upton. Yeh or nay?

Neither Bautista or Upton will be keepers for next year and the other owner is out of it.

I need some offense since Longo went down and I don't know how much longer I can keep Hosmer in my line up and go through his growing pains as I am all in it for this year and tied for 1st. I'm starting to fall off on home runs and rbi's. I'm pretty good everyway else.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
          I'm thinking about offering my Hosmer and Riemold for Bautista and BJ Upton. Yeh or nay?

Neither Bautista or Upton will be keepers for next year and the other owner is out of it.

I need some offense since Longo went down and I don't know how much longer I can keep Hosmer in my line up and go through his growing pains as I am all in it for this year and tied for 1st. I'm starting to fall off on home runs and rbi's. I'm pretty good everyway else.
          I think that's a lot closer. If you don't really believe in Reimold then that's closer to the 2-for-1 you should be getting for a $10 Hosmer.

Comment

I think that's a lot closer. If you don't really believe in Reimold then that's closer to the 2-for-1 you should be getting for a $10 Hosmer.
            I could start with offering Hosmer and my 1st rnd reserve pick for next year for Bautista and Upton. Bautista is really nice in a cap league at $7 and leaves a lot of flexibility going forward.

Instead of the pick I could also add in as a second player my $2 Dirks, $5 Machado (minors) or a pitcher $2 Gomez or $1 Noesi.

What do you think is the fair 2nd piece for me to offer?

Comment

I could start with offering Hosmer and my 1st rnd reserve pick for next year for Bautista and Upton. Bautista is really nice in a cap league at $7 and leaves a lot of flexibility going forward.

Instead of the pick I could also add in as a second player my $2 Dirks, $5 Machado (minors) or a pitcher $2 Gomez or $1 Noesi.

What do you think is the fair 2nd piece for me to offer?
              If he's really rebuilding then I think Machado is a very good offer.

Comment

If he's really rebuilding then I think Machado is a very good offer.
                It's getting tougher to think I'll be able to get a lot for Hosmer. Also I guess there may be chance they send him to AAA pretty soon.

I Just offered this

My Hosmer $10, Noesi $1, Machadao $5xx, B.Guyer, Strop and 1st res pick 2013 for his Bautista $7, Upton $33 and Walden $2

If feel an increased sense of urgency to get Hosmer traded before I'm stuck with a guy in AAA

I may take Bautista straight up for him if it comes to it. I'm in second, but without Longoria and Reimold I've got teams closing in on me and I'm dropping further back in some offensive catagories. I'm trying to be patient.

Comment

Sound logic. Get what you can for him. Although he should still be attractive to a dumper, AAA or not.

Comment

It appears that no one is willing to pay a very high price tag for Hosmer. I got an offer of Joyce $10 2013 and Murphy $9 2012 for my Dirks $2 2013 and Homser $10 2013. Not a bad offer, but not what I was hoping for Hosmer.

The Bautista owner wants more than just Hosmer for Bautista because of his $7 price tag even though he's up this year. It's still early enough to get most of his 2012 stats. He's heating up and I need some offense. His price will drop by the all star break, but I need something now.

I'm going to offer him his choice of Reimold or Hosmer and Machado straight up for Bautista.

Comment

The Bautista owner wants more than just Hosmer for Bautista because of his $7 price tag even though he's up this year. It's still early enough to get most of his 2012 stats. He's heating up and I need some offense. His price will drop by the all star break, but I need something now.
                      That's silly, because his price tag is irrelevant now. I like the offer you are proposing.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        That's silly, because his price tag is irrelevant now. I like the offer you are proposing.
                        Actually his price tag is very relevant in our league since we changed our salary structure. It goes to 340 at the break and tops out at 380. There are a lot of high priced guys like Fielder $48, Pujols $45, Cabrera $47 and Ellsbury $46 that if I'm careful with my moves, I will be able to fit one of those in later for practically nothing. If I go get one now, it leave less room later and who knows what I'll need. Maybe a $38 Hernandez or $30 Valverde. Bautista also qualifies at OF/1B/3B which is another plus.

I'm offering him Reimold (weary of his back issues), Machado, Y.Escobar and 1st res pick for Bautista and A.Cabrera.

Comment

Actually his price tag is very relevant in our league since we changed our salary structure. It goes to 340 at the break and tops out at 380. There are a lot of high priced guys like Fielder $48, Pujols $45, Cabrera $47 and Ellsbury $46 that if I'm careful with my moves, I will be able to fit one of those in later for practically nothing. If I go get one now, it leave less room later and who knows what I'll need. Maybe a $38 Hernandez or $30 Valverde. Bautista also qualifies at OF/1B/3B which is another plus.

I'm offering him Reimold (weary of his back issues), Machado, Y.Escobar and 1st res pick for Bautista and A.Cabrera.
                          Riiiight. Didn't consider a salary ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                            Riiiight. Didn't consider a salary ceiling.

Counter offer from other owner and I'll remind of salary and contract

He's offering Bautista $7 2012 and A.Cabrera $14 2012 for Reimold $10 2013, Hosmer $10 2013, Y.Escobar $11 2013, Machado $5 minors, Noesi $1 2014 and J.Gomez $2 2013

Comment

Counter offer from other owner and I'll remind of salary and contract

He's offering Bautista $7 2012 and A.Cabrera $14 2012 for Reimold $10 2013, Hosmer $10 2013, Y.Escobar $11 2013, Machado $5 minors, Noesi $1 2014 and J.Gomez $2 2013
                              Take out Hosmer and I do it. It sounds like he's getting greedy. Escobar and A-Cab are a wash, so you're trading two stud bats plus 3 arms for a Bautista who has not hit consistently.

Comment

Working...
                              X