Another replacement 3B rank em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another replacement 3B rank em

Need a replacement for Youk, these guys are available...5x5 but ob & slug instead of ba & hr.

Listed in order of present ranking using our league stats:

C Johnson
    Seager
    Alvarez
    Chipper
    Wiggy
    Andino

None of these guys are too exciting but I might be stuck with one all season if Youk continues his descent into irrelevance. Middlebrooks had a solid debut but not sure whether he'll stick once Youk returns so I don't want to blow a lot of FAAB on him; the guy who owns Longoria will probably bid around 20 for him, as he did the same for Lawrie and Hosmer last year.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Seager hit 2 last night and looks to be heating up. I'd go with him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Seager, Alvarez, Wiggy, Johnson all seem relatively equal to me in the short term. Using OBP makes Chipper look better and Alvarez/Johnson look worse. And Seager has drawn 1 walk in 80 AB, making Johnson look downright patient. I just don't trust Chipper to play a reasonable amount of games if you might need him all season. Wiggy will lose time when Howard eventually comes back.

If you have all those guys available I think you can roll the dice on someone and try again if it doesn't work. So even though Wiggy seems like the smart pickup for right now I'd hate to miss out on a long-term solution. I'd go:

Alvarez - has done it before, has a walk rate above 4% and has strong support
      Seager - seems to have locked down a job, hot now, terrible walk rate but at least he makes good contact
      Wiggy - playing well and most every day for now, eventually will play less
      Johnson - has done it before, K's less than Alvarez, not a lot of competition
      Chipper - plenty of walks but what else?
      Andino - different player than all these guys, walks and runs but really no power, could eventually lose time to B-Rob

Comment

Seager
        Alvarez
        ~
        Johnson
        ~
        Chipper
        Wiggy
        ~
        Andino
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Interesting...RJ saying Seager/Alvarez while Mastersball saying Chipper.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Interesting...RJ saying Seager/Alvarez while Mastersball saying Chipper.
            It comes down to your tolerance for in-the-lineup risk, IMO. Chipper clearly has big potential to help you in an OBP league, but he must stay healthy. And that seems to be getting worse instead of better.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Alvarez is finally hitting....I'd take him.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Alvarez is finally hitting....I'd take him.
                Yes, another bomb today; hopefully he won't tear it up thru the weekend and drive up his price, esp with another team now looking for a replacement for Panda. I've rostered him the past two years and got nada in return, but I'm actually leaning this way. Chipper just seems too frail at this point, plus I have him in RJEL and I like to minimize dual-rostering.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                X