cbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbs

When I click on the 'sound' tag in the live play by play section at cbs, I get linked to LG spam advertisement, is anyone else?

Hey! Me too! How am I supposed to listen to Jarrod Parker dominate the Red Sox???

edit- I just looked at the box score and BInge is batting second? Oh dear god that depresses me as an A's fan...

Comment

Yeah, this is a huge annoyance as I've really gotten used to the radio broadcasts. Wonder what the deal is?

Comment

I contacted cbs and they responded with a link of what *they* see from my live page. Of course it was what it was suppose to be and of course, when I went back, it was what it was suppose to be.

Comment

doesn't work for me either. I often don't even see the ad, just a blank screen. I wonde...

aha

turn off AdBlockPlus if you're running it.

- Mike
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I hate sites that require you to turn off Ad Block to use them. One of the baseball prospect sites is like that and I just boycott it. Guess I'll be boycotting CBS audio highlights too, lol. F*ckers.
            Same here.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I hate sites that require you to turn off Ad Block to use them. One of the baseball prospect sites is like that and I just boycott it. Guess I'll be boycotting CBS audio highlights too, lol. F*ckers.
              I think the sites are fine with that. They generate their money from ads and if you don't view them they don't make any money. If you are visiting for free then you are just using bandwidth and costing them money.

Comment

Well, except that this is CBS and I use them for many other things than just radio. Plus, there are other ways to get folks to view ads (which are already employed by CBS on different pages).

Edit: Not to mention that the functionality that we're talking about, to my knowledge, is only available to folks who are in fantasy leagues and who, obviously, have already given their money to CBS.
                Your statement that I quoted seemed more general than just CBS. Just because you pay for something also doesn't mean they don't want you to watch ads. Remember when cable TV first arrived and had the promise of no ads in exchange for a monthly fee?

Anyway, I was just explaining why sites don't really care if you are there unless you agree to their terms. Some sites require registration, some require payment, some require ad block to be disabled. Giving away free bandwidth often doesn't matter, but sometimes streaming audio needs to have the bills paid I guess. Since it is more trouble for them to code up a block ad-block feature than it is to just let it slide apparently they made the executive decision that extra eyeballs (and ears) isn't worth it unless they are viewing/hearing more ads.

Comment

It's working for me fine tonight fwiw.

Comment

cbs has a freakin flying wendy's blimp slowly crossing through the middle of the box scores and even if you hit the 'x' (which closes EVERY OTHER WEB PAGE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET), it just lites up and keeps flying.

Comment

I can't seem to see my scout team. I have tried it in 3 browsers now. Anyone else suffering the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                        I can't seem to see my scout team. I have tried it in 3 browsers now. Anyone else suffering the same?
                        I just saw mine.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          cbs has a freakin flying wendy's blimp slowly crossing through the middle of the box scores and even if you hit the 'x' (which closes EVERY OTHER WEB PAGE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET), it just lites up and keeps flying.
                          Interesting. When it's popped up for me over the past few days I just need to click anywhere near the blimp and it goes away (not just the "X"). My issue is it runs all the time which seems like every 5 minutes.

Comment

update:
                            I submitted a "question" (could not find a place to directly ask for support) under the "system requirements option" at around 8pm last night. 46 minutes later I had a response from a CBS person. Issue resolved as of 3:31pm this afternoon.

It is easy to point out the bad (those ads are obnoxious) but on this occasion CBS came through.

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post

Comment

Working...
                            X