Pujols WTF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pujols WTF???

How does the best player of the last decade go an entire month without a Home Run? HOW???
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    How does the best player of the last decade go an entire month without a Home Run? HOW???
    There's and article on BP detailing the possible answer to your query.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
      What's BP? and you would think he would have one swing where he would have connected..blind squirrel and all...
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

BP = Baseball Prospectus.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

yeah-- I have him, Stanton and Rollins in one league to go with the injured Brett Gardner, Chris Young and Victor Martinez. Needless to say, I'm in last place.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            yeah-- I have him, Stanton and Rollins in one league to go with the injured Brett Gardner, Chris Young and Victor Martinez. Needless to say, I'm in last place.
            Ouch. Now that's a train wreck of awesome proportions.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              Link? (I can't find it )

Comment

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Hell, I'm tempted to offer Revo Dunn for Pujols, but I'm afraid that he might just take the deal...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Suggestion: how about one ongoing thread with your daily ruminations, complaints, excitements, et al?

Comment

Good read. Sell, Mortimer, sell!!!!
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        Suggestion: how about one ongoing thread with your daily ruminations, complaints, excitements, et al?
                        well somebody has to keep this place going

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Hell, I'm tempted to offer Revo Dunn for Pujols, but I'm afraid that he might just take the deal...
                          I'm not that stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            If Pujols owners don't have a right to complain about this start, nobody in the game has a right to complain about anything fantasy baseball ever.

I wonder what the odds would have been for him to go 88 abs without a home run? I doubt anyone would have taken it.

That said he does have those 4 rbi.

Maybe he was hanging with Adam Dunn in the off season?

Comment

I was at the Indians/Angels game yesterday and he looked horrible against marginal pitchers like Derrick Lowe and Vinnie Pestano.

I was really expecting to see his first home run and he never even hit a ball out of the infield!

Sorry to add to the disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                              X