Tony Campana is fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Split the difference - useful NL-only player even as just an extra, for the SBs. Not sure I'd get too excited in mixed unless that was my only offensive flaw, and I can make up for the other blanks.....
    Runs wont be a blank if he continues to hit at the top of the lineup. Average could be a wash and possibly an asset if he can keep it on the ground.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I give Campana one more month maximum with the big league squad. The only real skill he possesses is speed. He doesn't walk and he has absolutely zero power. Factor in that Brett Jackson is pretty obviously the CF of the future for the Cubs, I just don't see a lot of opportunity for Campana. I'd be mildly shocked if he finished the year with any valuable numbers outside of a few swipes.
      While I agree Jackson is the future, I think you're selling Campana a bit short. He's a career .303 hitter in the minors, and he's only 25. He's definitely a Juan Pierre-comp, but if Jackson doesn't come up this season, I'm sure all of his FAABers will take 40+ SBs.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I would be really surprised if he hits anywhere near .303. We shall see, though!
        I don't think he hits anywhere close to that either.....but if he can go .270/.315 he could still steal 40+ bases.

Comment

W00t! Though he got caught stealing which surprised me.

Comment

well he is still hitting around .300 but hasnt played in a week. I realize there are plenty of things wrong with the Cubs but playing Little Tony want one of them. Guess they wanna see if Mather is real. Jackson should be here shortly.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              well he is still hitting around .300 but hasnt played in a week. I realize there are plenty of things wrong with the Cubs but playing Little Tony want one of them. Guess they wanna see if Mather is real. Jackson should be here shortly.
              An absolutely stupid stupid move. The guy would try and steal two bags every time he got on base mitigating the need for a sacrifice bunt. Sure he's having a hard time getting on base at times, but what have they got to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                An absolutely stupid stupid move. The guy would try and steal two bags every time he got on base mitigating the need for a sacrifice bunt. Sure he's having a hard time getting on base at times, but what have they got to lose?
                His OBP is over .350. He is doing fine. I realize how hard it is to bench Soriano but the guy is useless at the plate and in the field. Another guy who is useless at the plate is Ian Stewart. Great leather but its been two months and he cant hit over .200.

Comment

His OBP is over .350. He is doing fine. I realize how hard it is to bench Soriano but the guy is useless at the plate and in the field. Another guy who is useless at the plate is Ian Stewart. Great leather but its been two years and he cant hit over .200.
                  Fixed.

Comment

Jackson's hitting .237 with 5HR, and striking out at an alarming rate (35%) in AAA- I don't think Cub brass will be in any hurry to bring him up, until he starts making much better contact

Comment

he may be fast, but he sure is frustrating to own!

While he no longer starts everyday, he still amazingly leads the NL in SBs. But he's been so boom or bust, having gone 9 days without a SB (and a few days where he didn't even get off the bench), and then just when you pull him from your lineup, he starts and steals 3 bases in one game. *Sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        he may be fast, but he sure is frustrating to own!

While he no longer starts everyday, he still amazingly leads the NL in SBs. But he's been so boom or bust, having gone 9 days without a SB (and a few days where he didn't even get off the bench), and then just when you pull him from your lineup, he starts and steals 3 bases in one game. *Sigh*
                        Quit whining
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

The guy doesnt play at all in the AL parks so I figure its safe to bench him. WAHHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

His OBP is over .350. He is doing fine. I realize how hard it is to bench Soriano but the guy is useless at the plate and in the field.
                            Soriano is .276-12-40 with a OPS around .830. And unlike some previous year, his RISP stats are very good this year.

If the Cubs have any hope of trading Soriano, they have to play him and hope he continues to produce.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Soriano is .276-12-40 with a OPS around .830. And unlike some previous year, his RISP stats are very good this year.

If the Cubs have any hope of trading Soriano, they have to play him and hope he continues to produce.
                              doesn't he still have a bunch of $$$ on that deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                doesn't he still have a bunch of $$$ on that deal?
                                Yup. About $40MM if memory serves. They've already admitted they'll eat a big chunk of it to deal him. But even if they deal him, I don't think it helps Campana much - I suspect they'll slide LaHair to LF and call up Rizzo and play him at 1B.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X