Tony Campana is fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Campana is fast

He easily stole 2nd on a pitch out. It was kind of a crappy pitch out but still...

6 sb in 23 ab.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

...and, unlike a lot of speedsters, he really KNOWS how to steal a base. I think the cerebral part of base-stealing is understated, and we tend to look at flat speed. For example, Pujols has zero speed, but KNOWS how to steal a base so he gets a few SBs here and there. Guys like Starlin Castro are easily as fast or faster than Campana, but they'll never get the gaudy SB totals. Look at Rickey Henderson, he was still stealing bases late in his career, because even though the wheels were long gone, he could think his way to second.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      Guys like Starlin Castro are easily as fast or faster than Campana
      I wouldn't go that far...the only guy that might be able to match Campana in a foot race would be Dee Gordon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
        I wouldn't go that far...the only guy that might be able to match Campana in a foot race would be Dee Gordon.
        Billy Hamilton is apparently faster according to Kevin Goldstein.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
          I was thinking of MLB players, but he might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            He easily stole 2nd on a pitch out. It was kind of a crappy pitch out but still...

6 sb in 23 ab.
            Missed out on those six when I first FAABed him. Not this week. Keep running little Tony keep running.

Comment

RotoWorld: Reds prospect Billy Hamilton has tallied 29 stolen bases in 23 games this year at High-A Bakersfield. Hamilton has also greatly improved his plate discipline from where it was last year, boasting 14 walks against 18 strikeouts and a stellar .398/.481/.591 slash line in 104 plate appearances. The 21-year-old shortstop might be the fastest player in baseball and should continue to rise steadily through the Reds' farm system. Apr 30 - 2:25 PM

Comment

best part is that Byrd is gone; he's youngish; and only has an ancient Reed Johnson to steal ABs. If he can hot MLB pitching, he has an outside chance at 60 SBs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  best part is that Byrd is gone; he's youngish; and only has an ancient Reed Johnson to steal ABs. If he can hot MLB pitching, he has an outside chance at 60 SBs.
                  The only thing that might prevent him from leading the league in SB is the promotion of Brett Jackson.

Comment

Sure, but he's been dead for over 70 years. I'm sure he's stealing 111 bags a year in heaven, though.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      Sure, but he's been dead for over 70 years. I'm sure he's stealing 111 bags a year in heaven, though.
                      I was thinking the same thing. Isn't this the dude who played two centuries ago?
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        I give Campana one more month maximum with the big league squad. The only real skill he possesses is speed. He doesn't walk and he has absolutely zero power. Factor in that Brett Jackson is pretty obviously the CF of the future for the Cubs, I just don't see a lot of opportunity for Campana. I'd be mildly shocked if he finished the year with any valuable numbers outside of a few swipes.
                        All i'm looking for is a month of maybe 10-12 steals...then he can go away if he sucks..
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          All i'm looking for is a month of maybe 10-12 steals...then he can go away if he sucks..
                          He can do that as a pinch runner and 4th outfielder

Comment

I can see the Cubs using both Campana and Jackson and waiving Soriano.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Split the difference - useful NL-only player even as just an extra, for the SBs. Not sure I'd get too excited in mixed unless that was my only offensive flaw, and I can make up for the other blanks.....
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X